E3 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to AC4, the new Metal Gear, Watch Dogs and there were a few others that piqued my interest like Ryse, The Order, FF15 and, even though I'm usually not big on FPS's, Destiny looked really cool and the new Killzone looked very good.

However, I'm still really curious as to what the brand new, secretive-so-far IP that Casey Hudon's former Mass Effect team is working on at Bioware. It's gonna be an RPG but thus far they haven't even announced what genre it is. I was hoping for a tease at E3 but no such luck so maybe at ComicCon? If not I guess I'll be waiting until the Vid Game awards in December for a tease of that and hopefully the next Mass Effect.

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Games?

GTAV. The new NfS. I'm hoping Rockstar develops a new Bully and a new Red Dead Redemption. Mass Effect.

And I know, I'm kind of hoping to the wind, but is it crazy to wish Blizzard would make a console port of Starcraft?

Last edited:

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Ah, how could I forget about GTAV! And, a new Red Dead would be awesome.

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Also new Battlefront. I loved battlefront 2 and almost cried when I had to sell it. It was my second favorite ps2 game of all time, rigt after Jak 3. Dot judge me, I was 12.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I must be the only person in the world who didn't really like RDR...

I'm interested in GTAV, not completely stoked. GTAIV let me down by just being too damned needy and forgetting to have fun. I don't want a life simulator. I want to hightail it from the cops in a stolen taxi...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score

I'm interested in GTAV, not completely stoked. GTAIV let me down by just being too damned needy and forgetting to have fun. I don't want a life simulator. I want to hightail it from the cops in a stolen taxi...
That's why I thought Saints Row 3 was better than GTA4. You could argue that SR3 went too far going the other way but at least it still was just about having fun.

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
I wasn't crazy about GTAIV. That's why I want the new one. Perhaps they've gone back to the storyline we know and love. GTAIII was the shit.

Anyone played The Godfather? (I or II doesn't matter)

It's kind of like GTA, only set back about 50 years. Follows the movie storyline loosely. I pop it in when I get bored of GTAIV cause I'm too lazy to hook up my PS2 to play San Andreas or Vice City.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

The only thing I didn't like about RDR was the story. I keep hoping if there's another one, that it won't have such an irking story (especially the ending--I stopped playing 2/3 the way thru and haven't finished it yet) and I can enjoy it 'til the end.

Paprika

Registered
Reaction score
None of the games shown at E3 made me consider buying a 3DS, WiiU, PS4 or PS3, XboxOne or 360.

Maybe no games get me excited anymore and it's not the fault of the industry, I don't know.
Blaming them is satisfying and consequence-free though, so yay.

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com
None of the games shown at E3 made me consider buying a 3DS, WiiU, PS4 or PS3, XboxOne or 360.

Maybe no games get me excited anymore and it's not the fault of the industry, I don't know.
Blaming them is satisfying and consequence-free though, so yay.

I don't blame you, really. A lot of the games seem so similar to each other, it's quite disheartening. No one is really looking to break the model and branch out into making something new. They're playing it safe.

Doesn't mean that there aren't games out there that are different and break the model. They're just one too few.

kyocrisis

Einherjar
Registered
Reaction score
Meh, PS4 is getting a slew of indie games which are usually pretty different and unique compared to mainstream stuff.

And of course there's the mainstream stuff that still looks really good.

Pretty excited for Destiny which looks pretty interesting.

jmare

My own worst enemy
Registered
Reaction score
This E3 has been entertaining, at least for the first day. The highlight for me was definitely the Sony presser, especially the last 20 or so minutes.

Overall, the games left me kind of blah. Ryse lost me when it decided to reenact D-Day and the quick-time-events just cemented my lack of interest. Metal Gear looks really good. Titanfall might as well be called Call of Duty: Mechwarrior as far as I'm concerned. Although it shouldn't be a surprise, considering the source.

I think Microsoft dropped the ball with their presser. Yeah, they focused on games this time, but they completely ignored people's concerns about the console, regardless if those concerns are justified or not (trying to be diplomatic).

I slept through most of EA's and Ubisoft's events and from what I can tell, I didn't miss much.

Sony's started slow. So slow I kept thinking, "What the fuck are you doing?!" But the Kingdom Hearts announcement was awesome. The last bit when Jack Tretton was playing to the crowd made me laugh and the price announcement brought back the days where one company or another "won" E3. I was completely disappointed in Destiny. It looks too much like a mash up of Call of Duty and Borderlands. I don't know, perhaps I'm just tired of FPSs.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.