Cover Design - Need Your Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
Let me ask a quick question. I really like the dark brown for the title color. But with future books in the series, should I stick with black so they are consistent? What if the next book would look better with a black font? I don't want this one to appear off compared to it, etc.

Go black for consistency or stick with brown and just vary the font color by book?

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not the best person for fonts, but...
Can you change the colour of her hat a little? It blends in a bit too much with the background. I don't think it's too bad at this size, but when I make it smaller, it looks a little strange to me.

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not the best person for fonts, but...
Can you change the colour of her hat a little? It blends in a bit too much with the background. I don't think it's too bad at this size, but when I make it smaller, it looks a little strange to me.

Yes, I can darken it. I will make it more of a light brown. Good suggestion! I sometimes forget to look at it when it's more of a thumbnail.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Melanie, one person's opinion here...I'm not as crazy about the brown title. I think it's because it's almost the same color a the guy's coat and it all sort of blends together on the ecru/yellowish background. Not a deal-killer in any way, just having seen it another way, and with only those two to choose from, I prefer the black.

rsrdiall

Registered
Reaction score
When I know it's a romance having the print font doesn't work for me on covers so I like your latest one best. I also agree with ElaineA and think you should stick with black. Changing the color for future covers sounds like an extra burden you can avoid plus black works with most cover images. Unless you have your images already then feel free to disregard this one person's opinion.

Last edited:

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you both so much for your opinions. I went with the last one I uploaded but did go back to a black title. I think it'll just be easier all the way around.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Much better with the green coat. Much better with the non-italic, more contemporary font. Much better with the black typeface. I think you're heading in exactly the right direction.

Me, I'm kind of over the swirly-girly romancey fonts. I like something stark and rather plain these days.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Speaking as your average guy here, I liked #1 in the OP the most, and agreed with the suggested changes of extra space around them/making them smaller.

I like the post 16 version the best of the new offerings. My only suggestion would be to make the beach just a little more distinctive if you can, a little more obvious. I can't see a horizon (although I can see their footprints, etc.), and that kind of throws me a little.

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your thoughts! I appreciate them all!

missbluestocking

Registered
Reaction score
I like the second one where the guy is holding the girl up in the air. Also, I like that the vertical writing is a bit more faded out color-wise that the black font. It offers a better contrast to the title.

ktgrok

Registered
Reaction score
I like the font in post #23 the best, and love that image.

Status
Not open for further replies.