the only rugby union fan

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no way the Wallabies should have gotten up against the All Blacks.

Oh, wait... it's a World Cup year.

:poke:

(Having said that, I can barely even remember what the Bledisloe Cup looks like... *sigh*)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Yeah, there's no way the Wallabies should have gotten up against the All Blacks.

Oh, wait... it's a World Cup year.

:poke:

(Having said that, I can barely even remember what the Bledisloe Cup looks like... *sigh*)
:D Yeah, i think we've done our usual winning rampage the year before the world cup trick. Which means come world cup we'll be poo-tacular

Wallabies are on the improve. Kurtley Beale will be the world's best fullback within the next 2 years, methinks. Pity about that slug resting just below his nose. Quade Cooper can't tackle, but he can create space out of nothing on attack. And James 'Beiber' O'Connor just gets better and better.

:Trophy:--and my ABs never get to do this with the most important trophy of them all.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But even if we win, you win anyway... as long as Mr. Robbie Deans is there. Could there have been any more frank admission of who's king of the hill, World Cup or no World Cup?

As long as we're both smashing the Boks, all's right with the world. :D

WelshWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Kurtley Beale will be the world's best fullback within the next 2 years, methinks. Pity about that slug resting just below his nose. .

It's Movember, you can't say that! (mind you his is permanently woeful, not just for Movember)

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
Final scores on our team's tourney from the 30th: won 7-0, lost 0-20, tied 5-5. :D Pretty good for being a four-month-old team.

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Lol.

England and Ireland teams been announced

Think I saw I can link to my own sites so long as it is relevant so. If not let me know and I'll remove them

England Team vs New Zealand

Ireland Team vs South Africa

Gatland not announcing the Welsh team until thurs - waiting on a couple of injuries - Bradley Davies and a couple of others

Not a very good show from the northern hemisphere, score wise at least.

I think fingers and other things need crossing for the 6 nations. Maybe I could send a magpie here or there :D

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Not a very good show from the northern hemisphere, score wise at least.
I thought the English team were competitive. Threw the ball around a lot more than i expected them to.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The article I read about the Australia-Wales game said that, while the Wallabies won, their pack has been exposed again, and that the English pack must be licking their lips. (They really could have used a better metaphor; I would have said "licking their chops", at least.)

Oops, that 5-5 game was a tie, of course.

There's a great quote I vaguely remember from the football World Cup - something about winning 1-all, losing 2-1 and drawing 1-2 against different levels of opposition. I'll go find it.

darkprince, I hope you've found some subs -- or that you've achieved superhuman fitness!

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I thought the English team were competitive. Threw the ball around a lot more than i expected them to.

You need to be more than competitive against the All Blacks. Still, they didn't whitewash us. There's hope yet

*sinks into usual English sporting mood, which is, bleh*

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
:)

Youse guys are gonna be tricky come world cup next year.

It'll be about time!

Jonno did an interview I read today about being scary on the picth. Easy for him to say lol. O'Driscoll said (paraphrasing) when Jonna retired it was a huge morale boost for them because seeing Jonno run towards you...

I miss Lol :( (no, not laugh out loud if you ain't a fan) We got some good young players ettling in though. Here's hoping (cautiously)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
That was one hell of a try England scored today

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Munster, eh? That's 4 wins out of 9 games v Australia. They're good at knocking off international teams.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
darkprince, I hope you've found some subs -- or that you've achieved superhuman fitness!

Thank you very much. We have found subs, though in our area we seem to be struggling to find forwards, which given the physical makeup of the general populace, I find mystifying.

I'm working on the fitness thing. My goal is to have some sort of fitness goal by new years eve. I want to hit the spring part of the season at a flying leap! We have some tough games ahead, from my brief review of the schedule the other night.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much. We have found subs, though in our area we seem to be struggling to find forwards, which given the physical makeup of the general populace, I find mystifying.

I'm actually not that surprised. I find that, generally, larger people don't do sports--or don't think they can do sports. It usually takes someone talking them into rugby when they realize they can fit in.

It's like my team is always quoting around "rugby has positions for everyone." It's one of the lines we use when recruiting.

Good news is, my team finally found a coach. Which means I can chill out a bit :) Planning practices was a little bit stressful for me. Considering my limited experience.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
Oh we definitely use variations of that line when recruiting. There are a lot of objections about how rough a sport it is from the tiny guys who are curious about playing, as well.

Congrats on the coach Kewii! I know what that can be like. We've been in the same place, once before.