Bill Maher Under Fire for "Put LSD in the Halloween Candy" Remarks.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-mah...ugs-the-problem-is-theyre-on-the-wrong-drugs/

The Fox pundits are going crazy, and Bill was mostly joking, but he makes some good points. LSD would probably be the most healthy thing your kid would eat all day, he claimed. Mainly, he was riffing on all the prescription meds we put children on these days...in lieu of parenting. But he did seriously touch on the general benefits of psychedelics...

but, googling the comments on this...a bit of a tempest was stirred...

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-mah...ugs-the-problem-is-theyre-on-the-wrong-drugs/

The Fox pundits are going crazy, and Bill was mostly joking, but he makes some good points. LSD would probably be the most healthy thing your kid would eat all day, he claimed. Mainly, he was riffing on all the prescription meds we put children on these days...in lieu of parenting. But he did seriously touch on the general benefits of psychedelics...

The War on (Some) Drugs simplifies the process of actually comparing the benefits and disadvantages of various ingestibles to a simple meme, right out of Animal Farm.

FDA-approved = Good
All Others = Bad

Protect the Barnyard from Subversive Influences![SUP]TM[/SUP] The Pigs Know Best![SUP]TM[/SUP]

Drugs aren't something to joke about.[SUP]TM[/SUP] Think of the Children![SUP]TM[/SUP]

Just. Say. No![SUP]TM[/SUP]

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Bill Maher, a comedian on HBO, in a specifically comedic segment (New Rules)
Fox "pundits", on a news station, still not getting the joke.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I don't take anything from Fox seriously unless it's on the Simpsons or the Daily Show.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com

Fixed it for you. ;)

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Bill Maher, a comedian on HBO, in a specifically comedic segment (New Rules)
Fox "pundits", on a news station, still not getting the joke.

That's what I was going to say. He's a comedian. Sorry if you don't find him funny, but that's not a crime. Which is why we still have Dane Cook.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I think it's clear that Maher thought he was being funny, but it's not a wholly comedic bit. It's full of serious social commentary, albeit presented in a way intended to be funny.

And Maher stopped being just a comedian some time ago. He's a talking head, no different than any others.

Fallen Angel

Banned
Reaction score
Oh dear, Faux News is in another manufactured tissy. News at 11.

(Note: I'm really not shocked at this. This is just 'Lieburrals are Evuls!' piece from Fox who throws dozens of these around every day with the intent of properly innoculating their viewers from every watching non-Fox News shows.)

Last edited:

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Why simply don't give the kids candy on Halloween?

Honestly though, I guess Fox News is still trying to figure out how comedians have become US most trusted journalists and commentators so they still can't be sure what is a joke and what is serious.

Last edited:

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I think the Fox pundits should have LSD slipped into their tea.
Drugs to reduce their grasp on reality? Coals to Newcastle. ;)

I happen to have FOX on this morning because the hubby of our traveling companions is a fan, and he's over for coffee. They're actually discussing the fact that there may be a bubble in higher education. Who could have imagined? :rolleyes:

Must. Not. Make. Fun. They're fine folks to travel with, otherwise. :)