Hello from Ohio

spiralus

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm an Englishman, originally from Manchester, UK but now living with my wife and two daughters in Wooster, Ohio where I'm a full time sculptor.
I'm completely new to writing, in fact the last time I wrote was probably in school back in '84! I was a pretty poor student at English so writing anything has always seemed daunting, but the older I get the more I want to do things I never have, so here I am. I love my job but just needed another creative avenue to break up my work day. Its exciting to think what I can possibly create with this new medium. Looking forward to learning lots and hopefully contributing too.

Cheers
Bill (spiralus)

EarthPark

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Welcome and a quick statue idea which would sell like 'Fish n Chips' in NorthEastern Ohio. Lebron James!!! Just kidding but I would expect royalities if you succeed. :)

airship wreck

Ignoring plot carp
Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited to hear that you're just starting out as a writer. It's always fun to find new ways to explore your creativity. Welcome and good luck!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Bill. I've never known a sculptor before. And here I thought I was just about out of "firsts."

Maryn, glad you're here

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Bill. How're things shaping up in Ohio? I mean, are you carving out a living? Wait, this is all coming out misshapen--y'know, malformed.

Did I say :welcome:, Bill? :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

spiralus

Registered
Reaction score
Well thank you all for that very warm welcome. I'm pretty sure there must be another sculptor hiding here somewhere lol! I'm really looking forward to learning from you all :)

lilmerlin

We are many - and get along fine!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gruy.biz
Welcome spiralus! Hope you will have as much fun with writing as the rest of us obviously! It's very hard to stop once you start so be warned ;)

Cathryn

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Only the media has changed Bill. Where your hands sculpt a moment in time which suggests more, your words can give form and substance to thought pictures often for extended periods of time.

SenorSativa

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow Ohioan! If you're ever looking for a writer to meet up for something writery going on around the state, let me know.