Aw man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
All right, inpenetrable Shady finally got smacked with a rejection. Query rejections don't bug me at all, but today was my first rejection from someone who'd asked for material. And it was a form rejection. From his assistant.

Man.

Didn't even have the name of the ms in the letter. I had to check querytracker before I realized he was one of the agents I'd sent a partial.

I'm kinda bummed, guys. I'm cool with the query rejections--it's okay if I can't write a good query. It's not okay if I can't write a good book.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

The first one off a partial does royally suck. I had three requests for partials within a day of submitting the first time...and three rejections about 2 months later. 2 form, one useful. I didn't want to write for a week.
Hang in there; it gets better! It's just a notch on the keyboard. :Sun:

And in the meantime....

4dhijoz.jpg

...have an anteater. I'm not sure how it helps, but what the hell.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Shady, most people around here eat the chocolate for escape, I prefer Vodka. NOW PLEASE WILL YOU LOOK AT THE RESULTS YOU HAVE AND STOP IT!!!!!!!! Have a drink and send another letter, that is all.....

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
I want chocolate flavored vodka, actually.

And I could only dream of having gotten more than one partial request out of the bunch. You're miles ahead of the rest of us, you know. ;)

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
All right. All right. 2 days. I can wait 2 days.

Thanks for the vodka...I'll drink it secretly, I suppose? The chocolate will probably be more accepted. ;)

And the anteater seriously helped a lot, God knows why.

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
And I could only dream of having gotten more than one partial request out of the bunch.

I used to dream of that, too. Now the dream has become the Nightmare Of Never Getting Past the Partial. And I have yet to wake up, regardless of betas and rewrites.

May my bad luck NOT rub off on the rest of you. I don't want to get kicked out of this forum. ;)

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
If it helps, I burst out laughing when I read your title.

Keep at it. It was just one person's opinion.

Last edited:

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
just remember how frickin' subjective this business is. don't read anything into the rejection other than that. good luck with the next agent!

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the rejection...and I agree with Clara. Keep sending it out, sweetie!

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
just remember how frickin' subjective this business is. don't read anything into the rejection other than that. good luck with the next agent!

clara is right. Personally, I've come up with a new rule for myself - whenever an agent requests a partial or a full, I will send that out ASAP, but I'll also send out a few more query letters (I'll search for more agents' names in the Bewares forum or Agent Query). That way, at least the inevitable rejection is cushioned by the knowledge that I still have a chance.

Sorry about the rejection, and once you've taken some time off to get over it, send out more queries!

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that, Shady. :Hug2:

But this is exactly how I felt when I was querying! Whenever my ms was rejected, I would be way more bummed than if it was a query rejection, and people would tell me, "At least your ms got in front of the agent!" But having your book suck is a lot more painful than having your query suck.

Except your book obviously DOESN'T suck, because you have enough talent to have already been published. I mean, you are like a wunderkind child. So quit whining. :tongue

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
All right, inpenetrable Shady finally got smacked with a rejection. Query rejections don't bug me at all, but today was my first rejection from someone who'd asked for material. And it was a form rejection. From his assistant.

Man.

Didn't even have the name of the ms in the letter. I had to check querytracker before I realized he was one of the agents I'd sent a partial.

I'm kinda bummed, guys. I'm cool with the query rejections--it's okay if I can't write a good query. It's not okay if I can't write a good book.

I'm sorry to hear that Shady. Eat lots of junk food, it's what I do.

Here's hoping the next thing you here is good news! :Hug2:

I'm sure there's an agent out there who's your book's perfect match, you just have to find him or her.

Last edited:

Hillgate

On location
Registered
Reaction score

Man.

I wouldn't worry: I've been rejected on a full before with simply an unsigned compliments slip attaching my manuscript which they stopped reading about halfway through (it's pretty easy to tell) which didn't stop it being accepted elsewhere (it was).

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your :(. How's the vodka working out for you?

Keep at it. I know you will, anyway.

Deirdre

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deirdre.net

Here, have some macadamia nuts. It's the best I can do on short notice.

Hillgate

On location
Registered
Reaction score
I've ordered a pizza and everyone's welcome to a slice. If everyone wants one (it's pepperoni) it may end up being a very small slice.

Status
Not open for further replies.