• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kayelle Press

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Kayelle Press in Australia? http://www.kayellepress.com/

I did a search of the forum and nothing came up. The word "speculative" is misspelled in their header, but the rest of the site that I've glanced at looks clean so I'm sure it's just a typo. They open for subs on Feb. 1 and I have a story I may send to their anthology.

I don't like that they offer editing services, but they say they keep that completely separate from books/stories they acquire.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Quoted from Submission Guidelines:
We pay 50% net royalty fees (after printing costs, withholding tax and store commissions have been deducted).
50% sounds tempting, but keep in mind that this is a net profit royalty, which has the potential to sharply reduce the actual amount of money the author receives (depending on what the printing costs are).

This is the same method self-publishing services use to keep ongoing costs at zero after initial services are rendered, by recouping their production expense at the point of sale. I.e., reducing their own risk by passing risk to the author.

- Victoria

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I missed that. Yeah, that's bad.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As of Jan '15:
Kayelle Press
is closed

Sorry, Kayelle Press is no longer looking for submissions and our books are no longer available for purchase.

Our sincere thanks go to all those who supported us by submitting their work and/or purchasing our books. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.