Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
This bit:

Local Councillor Derek Marvin, one of the main organisers of the festival, insisted the march was not a full military parade and was therefore not subject to normal protocols.
He said: “This was not a military parade, that is what we have for Remembrance Day where we do keep to the protocol. ”This was a procession that was meant to recreate for the town the atmosphere of Collett Park Day, to give people who were in the town centre at that time a taster of what they would find at the park.” He added: “We have the greatest respect for all who have or who is currently serving in any of our armed services, but this day was about our local heroes, members of the police, ambulance, fire services and air ambulance, who also put themselves on the line for us.”

makes a difference for me. But had it been an actual military parade, I'd probably side with those who felt it was inappropriate.

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
There seems to be more and more of the po-faced brigade these days.

I love that term! I'm going to use it in a sentence today. See, you learn something new every day.

As to the post topic, I agree with the others. Since it wasn't an official military parade, I don't see what the big deal is.