• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking betas/mentors for epic fantasy novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwent

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.simputech.com.au
Genre: Epic fantasy. Notes: Written in third-person omniscient view with Australian spellings (pretty much British).

Feedback: I can take harsh criticism and would ideally like someone to read the whole manuscript (currently 96,000 words) and work with me through the rough patches. A long-term partner to read other work would also be great, but not necessary.

Publishing: Looking for the traditional publishing route with an agent, but open-minded.

Credentials: Previous beta-reading/mentoring experience much preferred, but willing to accept all knowledgeable individuals.

A little about the book: Two local farmers seek the forest wise woman for their annual harvesting predictions, but she gives them something completely different. She foresees impending doom for the world of Orastim. Worried, they seek the local sorcerer and end up on a quest to save the world of Orastim from the evil scouring its lands.

My website: Keys of Orastim

PM or e-mail [email protected] is you're interested.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Edwent, but...

...willing to accept all knowledgable individuals? !!

Beta reader, long-term partner, someone to work you through rough patches...plus a mentor. Have you any idea what you are asking for?

Why not have a browse around, contribute and get to know folk and let them get to know you before seeking to benefit from using up someone else's precious time.

Genre: Epic fantasy. Notes: Written in third-person omniscient view with Australian spellings (pretty much British).

Feedback: I can take harsh criticism and would ideally like someone to read the whole manuscript (currently 96,000 words) and work with me through the rough patches. A long-term partner to read other work would also be great, but not necessary.

Publishing: Looking for the traditional publishing route with an agent, but open-minded.

Credentials: Previous beta-reading/mentoring experience much preferred, but willing to accept all knowledgeable individuals.

A little about the book: Two local farmers seek the forest wise woman for their annual harvesting predictions, but she gives them something completely different. She foresees impending doom for the world of Orastim. Worried, they seek the local sorcerer and end up on a quest to save the world of Orastim from the evil scouring its lands.

My website: Keys of Orastim

PM or e-mail [email protected] is you're interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.