• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dorrance / Whitmore / RoseDog Books / Red Lead Press / I-Proclaim

Little Tommy

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
whitmore Publishing

:snoopy: I would like to know since I have tried to find out elsewhere on search engine if anyone has any information about Whitmore Publishing. They seem for now to only give an email address. However I have found very little other than perhaps a complaint that they bait and switch. So what gives? I made one mistake I do not want to make another.
All I know is they are a subsidary of Dorrance publishing www.WhitmorePublishing.com

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
I got my second Dorrance eMail. What freaked me out is they actually printed the name of my book, which I'm still gathering crits on (hint hint sig link :D) in the body of the eMail! Hey, I don't mind getting the word out, but I'm worried about how this serves what are obviously ulterior motives. Here's the eMail:

Dear Mario A,

My name is Alexander Rigby and I am excited to hear that your manuscript Brain Of Glass is completed. One of our researchers has discovered your manuscript registration with the Library of Congress and has forwarded your name to me as a possible candidate for publication with our company, Dorrance Publishing.

The first step in getting your book published with Dorrance is to send us a completed copy of your typed manuscript so that we can review your work and determine if it is something that we would be interested in publishing for you. You will be sent a statement of confidentiality once we have received your manuscript, and you will hear back from one of our Author Relations Representatives a few days after your submission.

The quickest and easiest manner for you to submit your completed work for our review is to upload it to our secure website by Clicking Here.

Or, you may save the file to a disk and send it to me via traditional mail. Dorrance also accepts submissions in a paper format sent via traditional mail. If you choose to send your manuscript on a disk or in a paper format via the traditional mail, please send it to:

Dorrance Publishing
Attn: Alexander Rigby
701 Smithfield Street 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

If your manuscript is poetry you should submit at least 12 poems - though you can submit more if you wish. If you have a children's book the text portion may only be a few pages. We do have artists on staff to create illustrations for your work.

We look forward to receiving your manuscript for review and to discussing your publishing options!

Sincerely, Alexander Rigby
Publishing Services Consultant
[email protected]
866-682-2334
Yeah, a children's book called Brain Of Glass. That's child abuse where I'm from. :ROFL:

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
My name is Alexander Rigby and I am excited to hear that your manuscript Brain Of Glass is completed. One of our researchers has discovered your manuscript registration with the Library of Congress and has forwarded your name to me as a possible candidate for publication with our company, Dorrance Publishing.

Yeah. The vanity presses regularly trawl the LOC copyright registrations looking for people who have (needlessly, may I add) copyrighted their books.

They figure that if someone doesn't know that they don't need to register copyright (see many discussions all over the boards) that the author may not know to stay away from vanity presses either.

They don't want your book, they want your money.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
A writer published through Dorrance gave me a copy of her book (and told me how much she paid for the experience). I looked the book up on Amazon and found the Kindle version priced at $33. Are they trying to compete with PA here?

I feel like this poor writer has been doubly screwed.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
She was. She chose Dorrance. How much research did she do beforehand? Does she have an Internet connection, or access to one through school, library, or work? Dorrance is not exactly hiding in shadows, and there are lots of online discussions about the company.

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
Spotted this on Kickstarter:

This could be the biggest story of my life, I wrote a book and I have a publishing company,all I need is the money to complete my dream

I finally wrote a book about my life it is funny, it will make you cry, it is true and it is mixed with fictional people for entertainment. [...] I have found a publishing company called Dorrance Publishing who have been in business over 90 years that want to publish my book all I need is start up money to invest in my first book. They will EDIT,DESIGN page and cover,COPYRIGHT,PRINT,E-BOOK,PROMOTE,DISTRIBUTION,and ORDER FULFILLMENT. The minimal price they are asking to publish my book is 6,000 dollars. The 10,000 word book is completed and in the hands of the publisher waiting for payment.

The risks are minmial I already have Dorrance Publishing company ready to edit, publish and promote my book, my biggest challenge is not selling enough books
It's sad.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I-Proclaim closed in Oct '12. Whitmore site (whitmorebooks.com) expired last week, but I wager they'll renew. :cool:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
dorrance_zpsd160c662.jpg

'The next book in stores could be yours.' Presumably this lady has just picked up the copy she ordered from the store...

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
"The next book in stores could be yours...." but it probably won't be.

"The next book in stores could be yours...." if you get a contract with a real publisher.

"The next book in stores could be yours...." if you carry a copy in your purse.

Brian P. White

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a question: what's the harm in sending them the manuscript anyway? What could they do with it (if you don't use their services) that'll screw you?

Brian P. White

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian
Registered
Reaction score
For giggles, I replied to their email and asked them how they'd handle advertising my work. Here was their response:

Code:
 [COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]Thank you for getting back to me![/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]In response to your question, I have attached our brochure for you to look over when time permits. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]Generally, how our company handles marketing/advertising is that, once your book undergoes our review process and it is accepted, we would work to get your book on the market. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]How we do that would later be explained by a Senior Consultant if your book is accepted as a good fit for our company. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]Generally, we would market your book as both a hardcopy and an ebook, selling it places such as Dorrancepublishing.com, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle etc. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]For a full list of places that we could market your book, please submit your manuscript for our [B]complimentary review.[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]You can do that by either attaching your manuscript to this email or by sending it via mail to our address which is listed below. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]Please let me know if you have any additional questions![/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]Best regards, [/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Arial]Hayley Kibler[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Arial]Publishing Services Consultant[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Arial][email protected][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Arial]866-373-7654[/FONT][/COLOR]
Then an attachment brochure with 5 pages of accolades and a final page that says this:

Code:
[B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=7][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=7] [CENTER]DORRANCE[/CENTER]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [CENTER][FONT=Montserrat-Regular][SIZE=1][FONT=Montserrat-Regular][SIZE=1]™ [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=7][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=7]ROADMAP[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=5][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=5] [CENTER]TO A PROVEN BETTER WAY TO PUBLISH A BOOK:[/CENTER]
 [LEFT]STEP 1: PRODUCTION[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Mechanical Editing[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]A Dorrance editor will review your manuscript to improve spelling, grammar and punctuation.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Page Design[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Dorrance designers determine typographical style, visual placement and prepare page proofs for your review. Once you make revisions, the book is ready for printing.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Cover Design[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]A cover designer will create an appealing cover for your book, taking into consideration any input you may have.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Copyright[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Two printed copies of your book will be submitted for copyright registration under your name and, if your book qualifies, a Library of Congress Control Number (LCCN)[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]will be assigned.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT][B][SIZE=5]STEP 2: PROMOTION[/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]
 [LEFT][B]Press Kit and Digital Press Room[/B][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]We prepare a color-enhanced digital interactive Press Kit and Online Kit at our media site DorrancePressroom.com, with a synopsis of the book, author biography, copy of the publicity release and high-resolution[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]copy of the book’s cover. This press kit is disseminated to a list of approximately 300 media outlets appropriate for the work and/or the author.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Direct Mail[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]We will create and print full-color direct mail marketing postcards.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Bookstore Outreach[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]We will telephone up to 12 selected booksellers in your area to introduce the availability of the work and to make an offer at an appearance for an autograph reception, provided you are agreeable.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Search Engine Marketing and Google Book Search[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]We create a Google AdWords search engine marketing campaign. The ad will show on Google search results when searchers worldwide enter queries that contain the selected keywords. Ads will link directly to your book’s listing at DorranceBookstore.com. We also post a cover on Google BookSearch.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Online Retailers[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]We will submit a listing for your book to Amazon.com and create a listing on our Dorrance Bookstore (DorranceBookstore.com).[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Industry Trade Directories[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]We will submit information about your book to [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][I][FONT=DroidSerif-Italic][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif-Italic][SIZE=2]Books In Print[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2], an essential bibliographic tool for libraries and booksellers. Once your book is edited, designed, printed and promoted, our Book Distribution, Merchandising and[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]
   [LEFT]Fulfillment team goes to work disseminating ordering information about your book and fulfilling orders.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT][B][SIZE=5]STEP 3: DISTRIBUTION[/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]
 [LEFT][B]Distribution Channels Include:[/B][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• DorranceBookstore.com[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]• Amazon.com [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]and Amazon Advantage[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• Kindle[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]• Ingram Lightning Source[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]• Baker & Taylor[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]• Bowker’s Books in Print[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]• Google eBookstore[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]• Barnesandnoble.com [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]as a ‘Nook Book’[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT][B][SIZE=5]STEP 4: FULFILLMENT[/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]
 [LEFT][B]Order Processing[/B][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• Receive orders via mail, fax and our dedicated toll-free [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]book ordering number from consumers and bookstores[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• Download and process orders taken at our online book [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]store, online retailers and brick-and-mortar stores[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Payment Processing[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• Take payment for book orders via credit card, electronic [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]check, traditional check, money order, wires and PayPal[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• Absorb all credit card and wire surcharges and calculate [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]all applicable taxes[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Packaging and Shipping[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• Take orders from our warehouse and package them [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]for shipment to consumers and retailers[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• Calculate shipment costs via first-class mail or real-time [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]UPS shipping and select packaging so books arrive in good condition[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2][FONT=Montserrat-Bold][SIZE=2] [LEFT]Customer Service[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2] [LEFT]• Notify consumers when orders have shipped and provide [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]tracking numbers for confirmation [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
 [LEFT][FONT=DroidSerif][FONT=DroidSerif][SIZE=2]• Talk with consumers via our toll-free number[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/LEFT]

Just to test them out, I replied with:

Code:
 Thank you for responding, Ms. Kibler, but I'm afraid I have another question. How much would this kind of thing cost me?

I'll see what they say and get back to you. No, I'm not getting my hopes up or anything. I want to see just how far they go to hook me.

Also, I Googled the site hoping for objective info on the site. According to [URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEMQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Furlm.co%2Fwww.dorrancebookstore.com&ei=kJXaVMfYOJLaoATxw4GAAQ&usg=AFQjCNGJp1AqxmubxBfzp279ho3YZAgibQ&sig2=Z_WzXJDEc8hNmCAD24MhWw"]this site[/URL], it doesn't have a very high ranking. Idunno, but I thought you might want to see it.
Thoughts?

EDIT:
Here's how Ms. Kibler responded:

Code:
 Not a problem at all. Our fees are based on the needs of your book and your publishing goals.  We offer a free review so that we can respond with an appropriate proposal that includes all of the necessary services to properly launch your specific book.  

It is important to note that since our publishing proposals are custom and flexible, we generally are able to create a publishing package to meet most budgets.
 There is no obligation to publish with us if you submit your work for review.
 We believe every book is different and every author’s needs are different. 

Therefore I encourage you to send us your completed work so we can offer you a detailed proposal.

Best regards, 

Hayley Kibler
 Publishing Services Consultant
 [email protected]
 866-373-7654

Smooth, huh? Anyway, I summarily thanked her for her attention and dismissed her company with a simple "can't afford" message. Let's see what else is out there!

EDIT EDIT:
Talk about persistent:
Code:
 We offer payment plans for all kinds of budgets. 
 Where did you find your research, if I may ask?

If you are still not interested in the payment plan option, please let me know!

Best regards, 

[B]Hayley Kibler[/B]
 [B]Publishing Services Consultant[/B]
 [email protected]
 866-373-7654

Last edited:

Iryna

Registered
Reaction score
Dorrance is no good.

I accidently applied on their website ( just because I had not idea what a vanishing publisher is about ). They contacted me next day by the phone and then e-mail. After I found out they take fees and how much they usually run, I said NOPE!
Anyway, after that, they still kept asking me to send them my manuscript to figure out the cost... that is a little weird.
I advice not to send your work to any vanishing publishers at all, until you really know you want to pay for your book to get published. Which is none sense.
Does anyone here knows some good publishers for fiction? I recently completed my FIRST :) book. I am looking for a publisher/agent. Realizing more and more how insanely hard it is to find somebody who would say yes.... Any advices are welcome!

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm assuming you meant 'vanity' publisher, and good old autocorrect turned it into 'vanishing'. We can only hope Dorrance would vanish.

As for publishing in general, your book may not be ready right away. Take some time and polish it to the best of your ability. Many people start looking for publishers too soon.

Last edited:

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Iryna, they may continue to pester you for some time. Ignore it all. Eventually they'll stop. They contacted me because I filed for copyright registry on my umpteenth book. Trolls.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
That's right, Deb, these vultures sent me emails every time I submitted a copyright application. I simply marked them as spam, and blocked their efforts at subsequent contact.

odubhthaigh2207

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Dorrance sucks

Dorrance sorta swindled me for a good $6k. Sure, bucket list and all, but they charged for edits and pretty much anything else. They were sweet up front, like any good sales team. Relentless in telling you how much they enjoyed reading, yadda yadda. Then once it went past sales and into production the communications almost stopped. And they refused to pay any royalties for a very long time. They suckered me. Damn.

Dorrance is a vanity press. They will charge you more than 10,000 dollars for about 1000 copies of your book.

I've seen them charge as high as 19,000 for 1000 copies of a book.

They do no marketing or promotion. Your books will not be placed in bookstores.

Vanity publishing is not considered any sort of "real" publishing credit.

If you have more questions, may I suggest that you read the section on vanity publishing on Writer Beware?

www.writerbeware.com

-Ann C. Crispin
Writer Beware
www.writerbeware.com

STORMS OF DESTINY
HarperCollins/Eos
August 2005
www.accrispin.com

odubhthaigh2207

Registered
Reaction score
For me, it was their incessant complimenting. "It's great," "let's publish!", "the whole market is ready," and, the biggest lie, "your book is ready". Wasn't nearly ready, but I wasn't in the head space to believe it. So they can prey on you as they sink their claws in. They're totally biased because they couldn't give two craps about you or the book.