Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I have song lists...for a variety of things. I just don't have any full like, playlists for specific stuff.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Erm...mini-song list (creepy stuff):

1. Room of Angel -- Silent Hill 4 -- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
2. Twinkle Twinkle (Dead Space Version) -- Dead Space
3. Sunken Crypt -- Alice: Madness Returns
4. Acceptance -- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories -- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
5. Main Titles -- Danny Elfman -- Sleepy Hollow Soundtrack

My lists are mostly in my head and I just pick songs as I go, haha. I know the songs on my laptop that fit what I want usually.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly video game music with the exception of the Sleepy Hollow one. I listen to a looooot of pure instrumental stuff.

ETA: Though Room of Angel and Acceptance are NOT instrumentals. The rest are. Or...no, Twinkle Twinkle is vocal as well.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
There don't seem to be any (mostly) instrumental soundtracks that might help with Underdogs in my collection. :(

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well, what kind of tone would you need? I have some actiony stuff (try the Transformers soundtrack!).

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
So yeah, I finished catching up with True Blood. I have to say, all the possessing is starting to get a bit old. Especially since no kind of possessing was in the books.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I've always refused to watch True Blood, lol.

ETA: Craaaap, my laptop battery is probably going to die if I don't get off the Internet and I need it to last another 20 minutes before I can plug it in somewhere. I'll talk to you guys again shortly.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
love glee's covers.

I think a lot of singers from the past had godawful voices so I appreciate Glee's most.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Have you seen my Glee-filled condensed Suns and Stars playlist?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's on page... *goes to check* 519.

There are no Glee songs on the Underdogs outline/soundtrack yet. :(

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Tally - If it weren't for recent covers, I would never listen to some oldies stuff because of not-so-pleasant voices. I have the Glee cover of Total Eclipse of the Heart for Tattoo Love. The original isn't that great.

So.... I'm la la la LOVING CMRH right now :D

I wish I'd figured it out way sooner though! Not the day before I start school. GRRR.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, that? That was days ago :tongue I don't remember news that old.

I don't really care that much about people's soundtracks, tbh. I mean, if someone has a great song suggestion, sure. But I generally just don't care.

I spent the morning worldbuilding Elite!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What is Elite is about?

I LOVE music and it's very inspiring, so playlists/soundtracks are a big thing for me. Just one of my things, I guess.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I don't really care that much about people's soundtracks, tbh. I mean, if someone has a great song suggestion, sure. But I generally just don't care.

I was starting to wonder if I was the only person who had absolutely no interest in playlists and soundtracks. :tongue

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Nope! I mean, I like listening to music when I work, but it usually consists of me typing "EPIC SONGS" into the youtube search ending and clicking random shit.

Also, a very bad mock-query for Elite. I was just too lazy to explain it any other way.

Even though Mia Lethe is the only scholarship student ever accepted into the prestigious Alpha School of Olympus Academy, she’s still heard of Elite, the small clique made up of the daughters of the four most powerful families in the world. What she never predicted was being the missing fifth—or them wanting to kill her.

Mia’s knowledge of Calculus may be flawless, but she’s unprepared for a network of secrets dating back to the myths of Camelot. As she weaves her way through a world of terrorist attacks, kidnapping attempts, and the pursuit of immortality, she becomes sure of two things.

The terrorist whose bombs killed her parents was aiming for them.

And she’s his next target.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
i usually need music to write but mostly as background noise. Although set playlists of songs that remind me of scenes helps me plot, and just come up with new ideas.

I'm weird, songs kind of have memories attached to them for me. Like I cant listen to "Dare you to move" by Switchfoot without thinking of the bunker in my first book...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I WANNA READ.

Why are you so good at creating awesome plots??

I mostly have playlists for inspiration, and the soundtrack, just because. I mostly listen to albums when I'm actually writing - like The Maine right now. :)

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Because when I first showed up here I had horrible plots and Para was like "STOP" and taught me what a story actually is.

I give Para credit.

Me: GUYS GUYS GUYS I HAVE THIS SUPER AWESOME IDEA OF THIS AWESOME MC WHO IS SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME AND GOOD AT EVERYTHING--
Para: Back to the drawing board, young grasshopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.