• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Regal Hoffmann & Associates (formerly Regal Literary, Inc.)

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Rejection on 6/24/13.

This was a result of an offer of representation from another agent. Ms. Andelman had a lot of good things to say, but also a lot of reservations. She's been on the fence about the last three novels I've queried, and I would've been overjoyed to work with her. (Though if she'd offered, then I would have had to make a DECISION about which agent to go with. The all caps should express my anxiety about that sufficiently.)

Man, you sure know how to drag out the suspense! I keep thinking one of these posts is going to be your announcement. :)

In any case, congratulations on the offer!

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Ack! Thanks for the congratulations, and apologies for the suspense. I gave the other agents until this Friday to get back to me, so I'm still pretty anxious (even though I have an offer in hand).

In deference to other people's eyes, I'll keep my posts re: the offer to a minimum (until the announcement, of course). :)

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Ack! Thanks for the congratulations, and apologies for the suspense. I gave the other agents until this Friday to get back to me, so I'm still pretty anxious (even though I have an offer in hand).

In deference to other people's eyes, I'll keep my posts re: the offer to a minimum (until the announcement, of course). :)

I don't blame you for feeling anxious. It's a good anxious, of course, but there are still a lot of jitters/bouncing/nerves. What can I say? We writers are a neurotic bunch.

And don't feel at all bad about posting! I'm just looking forward to hearing your news, as your handle is one I've come to recognize. I can wait a few more days. :)

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Michelle Andelman's maternity leave ends? The website says March 2014, but it looks like people on Querytracker have still been querying her lately.

newstylus

Registered
Reaction score
I have a question. Would appreciate feedback from experienced members.

Joe Regal has started Zola Books...it appears to be an eBook company.

Should I have reservations about querying Regal Literary? I mean, it would seem his energies are elsewhere. Also, is it bad that he's into eBooks?

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
Is Lauren Pearson a non-responder? Can't find anything on her website that suggests one thing or the other, and AgentQuery seems somewhat out of date on this.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
If you have a QueryTracker account you can check the actual reported stats for submissions vs. responses. The latest information in the QT comments gives a query in October of last year and a form rejection for that query in November.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
I have a question. Would appreciate feedback from experienced members.

Joe Regal has started Zola Books...it appears to be an eBook company.

Should I have reservations about querying Regal Literary? I mean, it would seem his energies are elsewhere. Also, is it bad that he's into eBooks?

At a glance, Zola just looks like an online bookstore. I don't see a huge problem, as long as he's not getting submissions and funneling them to his own publishing company or something along those lines. That would be a clear conflict of interest.

barbarairvin

Registered
Reaction score
I've had a full read from them--more than one, actually--and they gave me some excellent feedback.

I would highly recommend this agency to anyone. Currently, I am working on a middle grade novel (my first one, actually), and I will submit it to Claire Anderson once it's been revised and proofread to perfection. Kitty Kelley introduced me to her a couple of years ago.

Barbara

aus10phile

committed plantser
Registered
Reaction score
Regal Hoffman & Associates LLC

Does anyone have any experience with this agency? They look legit on their website (someone there sold The Time Traveler's Wife) but I'm baffled because there's nothing in PM and no thread here that I can find. Apologize if I missed it!

One of their agents, Claire Anderson-Wheeler, liked my #SFFPit Twitter pitch.

aus10phile

committed plantser
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! My search turned up no posts... I have no idea why!

ETA: I know why. It's because I'm an idiot. 2 Ns in Hoffmann, not 1.

Last edited: