Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
A bit of unwanted excitement in the family today. Husband and daughter work at the same place. She is the receptionist, he is an automobile estimator. This morning husband was writing an estimate on a car. He turned his back for a minute, and some *&@# creep had jumped into the car without making a sound (it had just been towed in; the keys were in the ignition) and revved it to take off. Husband turned around all WTF, made a move to the passenger door, and creep gunned it toward him. Husband said to himself: "I am not dying for a car, help yourself."
Police showed up within minutes. Husband had just taken pictures of the car. I'm sure the creep will be caught. Husband had to call customer and tell her "Um, we're terribly sorry but your vehicle was just stolen."
:Shrug:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks Duchess. Glad hubby's alright.

That reminds me... Some drivers down here are nuts. Several times, I've been crossing the road when I estimate there's enough time between cars for walking, not running. Anyway, several times, the person driving the next car has SPED UP.

Either they were trying to run me down, or just to scare me. Either way, totally bastard behaviour.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why do I keep visualizing a muppet crossing the road . . . while I'm in a huge SUV.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, so glad hubby is aok, Duchess. Smart man! And smart too, Siri about where to hold our par-tay! We'll have a fun time! Everyone's invited w. :Cake:s :D Who wants to order prelicks? :)

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
Susie- I would so say yes to pre-licks, but I have issues showing up on time. It's amazing I make it into work some days.
Oh chocolate.... I will need non-caffienated chocolate. Just got told last week, NO caffeine. <humungous puppy dog eyes> So didnt work... Oh well... Now what can I have.... No muppets in the bowls, (don't know if they have caffeine)... Duchess- glad everyone is okay... sounds like a much more severe "oh my god!" than my rant earlier about the gas stations and impatient people.
I'll try to flit in more on occasion, depending on how my caffeine deprived brain is working.
Hugs and Kisses to all, missed everyone.:Hug2::cry::D

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Susie, I need prelicks, fast!!!! :D

Yes, I am amazed at how brazen criminals are now a days. Husband said the creeps eyes were the size of silver dollars, like he needed DRUGS NOW. What was strange is that the power steering was knocked out in the car as a result of the accident. So I imagine the creep dumped it quick. :Soapbox:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
*Sent non-caffenated :Cake:s to Angyl and prelicks to Duchess. :Cake:s 'n to all who wants them :Cake:s :Cake:s :Cake:s :)

So glad hubby was smart 'n let the guy take the car!

kee kat admit it, yah know you luv da muppet, and you wouldn't hurt a fly! :D

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who needs kee kats to run you over when there are somany Jarmans doing their best to complete the job already?

ROAR :D

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
A bit of unwanted excitement in the family today. Husband and daughter work at the same place. She is the receptionist, he is an automobile estimator. This morning husband was writing an estimate on a car. He turned his back for a minute, and some *&@# creep had jumped into the car without making a sound (it had just been towed in; the keys were in the ignition) and revved it to take off. Husband turned around all WTF, made a move to the passenger door, and creep gunned it toward him. Husband said to himself: "I am not dying for a car, help yourself."
Police showed up within minutes. Husband had just taken pictures of the car. I'm sure the creep will be caught. Husband had to call customer and tell her "Um, we're terribly sorry but your vehicle was just stolen."
:Shrug:

I'm glad hubby is ok!! omg!

did I mention i have chocolate cream pie? cuz I do. :) also, armful ofkitty makes it hard t o type;

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think the Jarmans really need that sort of encouragement!

*capers*

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, house of jay-walkers.

Happy caturday! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Today we're set to have highs in the 90's. :Sun:Woo-hoo!

I have a hanging basket of impatients, in the alcove just outside my front door. A few weeks ago I noticed that a lot of dry leaves had piled up in the center of it. Hubby had a look and told me it's a bird's nest. He fetched a chair so that I could have a look. (I'm a little vertically challenged.) And sure enough, there's a perfect little nest with three tiny eggs in it. We kept watch through the window and spotted the mommy bird. She's a Cape Robin. This morning, hubby called me to have a look and the eggs have hatched. The tiniest little birdies in there!

We're surprised that mommy bird would chose that spot, as the porch light is on all night but it's probably a good spot as it has a roof and a wall on three sides - so no wind or rain for the nest. So cute. We're using the back door now so as to disturb them as little as possible. :)

No muppets in the bowls, (don't know if they have caffeine)

:hi:Hi Angyl.

Muppets are full of... caffeine. It discharges in the jazz hands.

:D

Yikes, Duchess! Your hubby made a good choice. Let 'em go. Cars can be replaced, hubbies.... not so easily. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, international house of beverages.

Coffee for me. It's 6:00 am here.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The sun never sets on Grandma Susie's House of Funners.

Although we sometimes do pass out.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning funners & floozers. :D

That's cool, Gail! Wild kingdom at your front door, up close and personal.

I have to get grocerues today. *groan*.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went and ran a couple of errands this morning. I guess the "Thanksgiving rush" has already begun. Traffic was fairly heavy for a Saturday morning.

I made the mistake of going to the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving one time. I won't be doing that again. People are nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.