Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I won't bore you with the gory (ha!) details, but long story short, I was infected with the dreaded Drop-B virus. So far it's lain dormant, but one day, maybe one day soon, I will grow tufts of scraggly, bloody fur, my incisors will sharpen, and I will develop a growing lust for the flesh of the living.

The dropbears adopted me as their own. All that was left was a hollow shell of a man. I can still hear their screams... "Tear, rip, shred, bloodlet the world and the world will be ours!" Rejoining the tour group, I began to notice things... shifting. The scent of sweat directed me to people's jugulars. The heat made me salivate. Yes, there would be a feast tonight!

"Travelers," I hissed. "I saw a path leading back to base camp, this way." A smirk began to develop on my face. "There's just a bit of a
drop."

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Morning. I forgot the horror thing last night, and played Skyrim. Surprisingly I had no candies.

I hope to write more today. :)

alleycat, I love your avatar! :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, house of the scary. Excellent, Cliff! You should be a writer or something. :)

I survived a gaggle of girls sleepover. I deserve a nice green juice. Or some candy. Or some candy in a nice green juice.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
A/C--your avatar is cute. I went "awwww" when I say it.

Apparently some mother in Buffalo said she found a shard of glass in her kids Halloween Tootsie Pop candy. No one else had reported tainted Halloween candy, though.

It's drizzly here with an occasional snowflake. :(

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Back from the library and grocery store. Oh, what fun. At least I went early today--not many people in the store.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
The rain came down in buckets at 5 a.m. this morning, waking me up. The last I heard was "drizzle" and of course most of my windows were open. Grrr. But it was nice.

:snoopy:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
good pm all. Well, Fl. did it. It's cold 'n breezy! Don't like it much. We'll have to move to Hawaii. :) How's all yo' weather? Hope Halloween was fun for y'all! Thx much kee for the super avi as usual. Lurve it!

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Susie, the weather is chilly here. Gotta love the starry sky. :D I'm waiting for snow.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Big lunch.

Someone and a cat needs a nap.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
I read from somewhere that napping after lunch/dinner is bad. Can't remember where I read it.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Only an evil person would say naps after lunch are bad. I mean, look at the list of all the stuff we're not supposed to eat, drink, or do. Naps? C'mon. :)

ETA: I just wanted to make sure, sadron, you didn't think I included you in the above. I'm kind of thinking the ultimate source for stuff like this.

Last edited:

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Loved that story, Cliff! Spooooky!

It rained last night! :snoopy:

And now it's November. I can't believe it. I've been so busy, I forgot all about NaNoWriMo, and I feel kind of funny not doing it this year. Oh, well. Next year.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Both dad and I have to go for procedures at the hospital the week of Thanksgiving. I'm dreading the 26th :(

I never do NaNoWriMo. It's too much for me :D

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Quentin, two years ago, I had my surgery on November 26th, the Monday after Thanksgiving. Not the best timing, but it all worked out. I hope you and your dad's procedures go well! :Hug2:

NaNo is crazy but fun. Especially if you're involved in making the Thanksgiving meal like I usually am. I tried last year, but I just don't have the stamina for that kind of heavy-duty writing. Even before my surgeries, I'd be so sore by the end of the month. Still, it's a great experience.

You could try maybe a shorter version sometime, like 500 words a day.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
You could try maybe a shorter version sometime, like 500 words a day.

Perhaps. There's been a story in my head for a while, even if I only get 1/2 of it done by the months end that would still be an accomplishment compared to it sitting in a file untouched.

The only thing I hate about the procedure is having to wait before hand. I get so anxious and jittery. Once I'm put-out it'll be no big deal, but all the anticipatory anxiety just kills me. Anesthesia kind of effects me weird afterwards, too. :p

Last edited:

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

My family will be contributing to the HOFF Thanksgiving surgeries/procedures collection. Mom is having open heart surgery on Nov. 21, the Friday before. I'll be going down to San Diego probably just before Thanksgiving and staying with her through most of the holidays.

:hi: and pie and tummy soothing aids for everyone.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Status
Not open for further replies.