• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for Romance w/Sci-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
When Josie slips through time, she believes that God has a purpose for her. But London of the 21st century is quite different from Boston of the 28th, and the longer she's stuck in the distant past, the harder it is for her to remain true to her faith. Then there's Aiden, flirtatious and heroic, and just the sort of man she prayed for: someone who needs her. But he's an unbeliever who happens to leave a trail of broken hearts behind him. As Josie struggles to rationalize her feelings for Aiden, she must face a world that goes beyond her strict religious upbringing: a world filled with aliens, prophetic dreams, and time travel. Will she find the courage to follow her heart, wherever it leads?
That's the blurb for my 97,000 word novel. It's a time-travel romance, but with light sci-fi elements instead of historic. (Though Josie's faith is a plot thread, the book is not inspirational.) You can read the first scene in SYW if you want to get an idea of my writing style. Content warning: the novel contains mild violence and a handful of moderate sex scenes.

The book is now on its third draft, so it's in pretty good shape. I believe all the major kinks are worked out, it's just a matter of making sure there are no plot holes and that everything works and flows properly. I would appreciate fairly detailed critiques, if possible. I have a tough skin where my writing is concerned, and I would much rather discover the flaws now, before I start submitting it. I'm willing to trade beta-work, if necessary. We can start by swapping first chapters, just to see if we're compatible with each other.

If you're interested, either comment below or PM me!

P.S. I forgot to add: I would really love a beta-reader who's from the UK. Much of the book takes place in London, and several of the characters are British. Having someone who's familiar with British slang and phrases would be a definite plus!

Last edited:

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I can do a beta switch
I'm interested in doing a beta switch. Mine is for a sequel but I want the perspective of someone that hasn't read the first book.

This is a YA scifi with a sprinkle of romance.

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for one more beta-reader. British, if possible! Someone who can help take my novel from "good" to "publishable". I'm willing to beta-swap.

Reply below or PM me. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.