Alerting you to my presence!

Eurotash

Registered
Reaction score
This feels like moving into a new neighborhood! My old one just got too busy and there were just too many stupid repetitive questions and acronyms.

Allow me to introduce myself, as I am not a huge fan of lurking: it makes me feel kinda dirty.

I am Eurotash, and I live in the country that gave the world Conchita Wurst in the last Eurovision. I am originally Australian, but have been in Europe for 7 years.

I write because I like it. Plain and simple. Trying to write a book is a long emotional process, so I thought I would seek others in the same situation. Hello!

Eurotash

Registered
Reaction score
Hi hi, I have already schnitzeled and submitted twice. If possible, can a mod please delete this thread as I am green under the gills, and am not permitted.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Eurotrash, welcome here. I see the "welcoming committee" hasn't shown up yet. Don't worry, they will. And no doubt someone will be along to delete your duplicate thread. No worries about that either; it happens. AW is a very BIG new neighborhood, and can be confusing at first.

So take your time and poke around; you'll find your way soon enough.

I'm not a mod in this room, so can't help with the duplicate thread, but wanted to say hi and set your mind at ease about it if I could.

Enjoy exploring here!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

I closed your other thread.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Glad you stopped lurking.

Eurotash

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Eurotash

Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Thank you.

A lot of it is common sense: you don't just walk into a bar and start interrupting people, yelling, boasting, and shoving your stories in peoples faces,so why should you do it online? It is just plain rude, and I will avoid doing so.

Mind you, it does seem quite grown up and cerebral here. On the last forum I posted on, you were not even allowed to say wristwatch or Scunthorpe.

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
So nice, ya said it twice. Our flogging machine is down, so we will save the punishment for your grievous error for another time. In the meantime, the flaying machine is all prepped and ready for you, newbie. Muwahahaha!

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Hello and welcome to the community!:hi:
Allow me to introduce myself, as I am not a huge fan of lurking: it makes me feel kinda dirty.
This^ made me :D because I feel the same way! Lurking for any length of time makes me feel like a total stalker, so when I joined AW I went ahead and jumped in after taking all of one day to read the rules and make sure it was a generally safe and helpful place.

I write because I like it. Plain and simple. Trying to write a book is a long emotional process, so I thought I would seek others in the same situation. Hello!
You're in good company.:) That's the reason I and many other people here write too.

So, how long have you been writing and what genre(s) do you write? I've only been writing for about six months and my current WIP is fantasy.

:welcome:

drmarkbark

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome my friend

Hello friend and welcome to this community. My name is Bo and I am glad to become your friend on here as well as offer my services to help you become a better writer just like me.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! But it is Eurortash, as in Natasha. I actually resigned from being trashy a few years ago.

My apologies, then. Aging eyeballs, here, is my excuse. I expect there will be others who'll miss the absence of 'r', but if it gets too annoying you can always ask MacAllister (via PM) for a username change.

Heck, with regdog here, lots of us read her username as re*d*dog, at first, including me. :D

And people are all the time calling me "Kayla" for some damn reason. I have no idea why so many want to add that extra 'a', but I just answer to it, usually.

Feel free, by the way, to ask if you need any help finding your way around here.

Enjoy!

Eurotash

Registered
Reaction score
So, how long have you been writing and what genre(s) do you write? I've only been writing for about six months and my current WIP is fantasy.

:welcome:

I have always loved writing, and I suppose I fall into the category of chick lit (that also sounds dirty), humor and travel.

I used to do reviews for a dance music website and had moderate success, then I fell into stand up comedy, which I took with me when I moved to Switzerland, and had quite a bit of success with it (in English, mainly to ex-pats).

Don't get me wrong, I do not think I am hilarious, it was originally a weekend course that looked like fun, but once you do it you are always looking for the next line, and it gives you a sense of humor about life.

All this time I was working in a bank, and then I fell prey to the crisis as the company I worked for was heavily invested in Maddoff. So I moved to the Austrian Alps, and reverted to bartending which had put me through my degree, and is quite easy to make a living from here. In fact enough over the 5 months of the ski season to support you for the rest of the year, so I spend the time traveling.

But here's the catch, I quit drinking. So I am pretty much writing my tale of the last 7 years, based over the last ski season from a sober point of view. I guess exploring the line between therapeutic and masochistic?

I hope that is not too much information?

Eurotash

Registered
Reaction score
My apologies, then. Aging eyeballs, here, is my excuse. I expect there will be others who'll miss the absence of 'r', but if it gets too annoying you can always ask MacAllister (via PM) for a username change.

Heck, with regdog here, lots of us read her username as re*d*dog, at first, including me. :D

And people are all the time calling me "Kayla" for some damn reason. I have no idea why so many want to add that extra 'a', but I just answer to it, usually.

Feel free, by the way, to ask if you need any help finding your way around here.

Enjoy!

Thanks you for your help, and no worries about the misread. Trailer Park Tash, Tashbag... All names I have used in the past :).

I am not doing too badly at finding my way around, and am feeling enthused. It can get quite lonely writing, and I have always found forums inspirational, almost like a training exercise before you write.

I have found so many answers to questions already.

Last edited:

Antonin

▐п╣�▀╪? ╧ы§�Й!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'll be honest, I originally read your name as Eurotrash and thought "Ah, one of my people, I should go say hi!"

But, whatever, welcome anyway! :D

It ISN'T RE*D*DOG?

Ah jeez, I feel like a such jerk.

Eurotash

Registered
Reaction score
Hello friend and welcome to this community. My name is Bo and I am glad to become your friend on here as well as offer my services to help you become a better writer just like me.

Gotta say, not quite a Boliever yet as you seem to be greener than I am.

Eurotash

Registered
Reaction score

I like you thus far.

I don't know whether it is because you are Scottish, you have "mob" in your name insinuating either multiple users of multiple personalities, or that the bouncing emoticon you used for greeting me reminds me of the last time I was on pingas at a dance party a decade ago.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I hope that is not too much information?

Lol. No, you explained yourself well and it wasn't too much.

Sounds like you've definitely lived a life worth writing about! I wish you all the luck in the world while you work on it.:)

By the way, congratulations on your sobriety!:e2cheer: