Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I never had girls over for sleepovers in my teens. Never was interested in that. We just saw eachother at school *shrug

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's true very few of you "help" me the way she does (other than Neuro, on occasion). But lead by example and all that.

It's a pity, that. More people should help you. You need it. I remember the first time I saw you posting, I thought, 'That guy needs help.'

:D

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
And yet so few people step up and offer you that help. DL and I are rare, precious examples of carers in an uncaring world.

You should treasure us.

:D

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
So I woke up this morning, rolled over to see the clock and saw I had an hour left before I had to get up. So I rolled back over and went back to sleep. Where I dreamed I woke up, rolled over and saw I only had 20 minutes left, but decided to roll over and go back to sleep which caused be to really wake up and roll over and and see I had 45 minutes left, so I rolled over, went back to sleep, to dream again that I woke up, saw it only 10 minutes left and so I rolled over, went back to sleep to wake up and see I still had a 1/2 hour left.... you get the idea. This went on until in my dream I woke up 10 minutes late and I couldn't get in the bathroom because the Blue Man Group were in there taking a shower and I was shocked to see they were blue all over causing me to wake up 5 minutes early and say the hell with it, I'm getting up. So I'm up.

Or am I?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, peoples. Happy Almost-Friday. :D

I have the day off--and so does my boss, so there's no one there with authority to call me in. :D The only thing on the agenda is to take Fur-Boy to the groomer for his spring fling. Hopefully it doesn't snow today and spoil the whole spring idea.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, reppers. Our puppy's stomach is still acting up, although nothing like what it was a couple of weeks ago. So the vet (strongly) suggested we change his food back to the good stuff. Only the good stuff doesn't taste as good, apparently. Now every time we feed him, he sniffs the bowl, looks at us accusingly, and stalks away. Then he stares at us for a while, his tail hanging. The only time I've ever seen him this unhappy is when he's been getting a bath.

It probably doesn't help that we sit there laughing at him.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, reppers. Our puppy's stomach is still acting up, although nothing like what it was a couple of weeks ago. So the vet (strongly) suggested we change his food back to the good stuff. Only the good stuff doesn't taste as good, apparently. Now every time we feed him, he sniffs the bowl, looks at us accusingly, and stalks away. Then he stares at us for a while, his tail hanging. The only time I've ever seen him this unhappy is when he's been getting a bath.

It probably doesn't help that we sit there laughing at him.

Have to tried mixing the two and gradually decreasing the "bad" stuff to either nothing or a very small amount?

I have the same problem with my Peke. He gets cat-like food tantrums if he doesn't like what's in his bowl. Mixing a very little portion of the (very) cheap wet food he likes in with his high-quality good food makes him gobble it right up.

Haven't had any problems with him snubbing his food since I started doing that.

I'm hoping to get him to the point where he'll just eat without the cheapo stuff, but I'm not moving there fast. Moving fast (like within a week or so) seriously did not work well.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
That's what we've been doing, mixing it about half and half. I guess he hates his new food enough that even mixing it in with his old food isn't working. He eats it eventually, but he's only eating about half of what he usually eats.

He's not likely to starve to death, though, so we're not worried about that.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Remarkable, isn't it? They'll eat their own puke, but heaven help you if you try to switch their food. :tongue

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
oh, mine won't eat puke, Cat puke/turds - yes. Her puke, no.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think he eats his puke either, to be honest. I've never seen him do it, anyway. Of course we're pretty quick to clean it up, so who knows if he would, if only we'd leave it lying around for him. He will eat cat litter and chicken crap though.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So I woke up this morning....Or am I?

Are you sure you weren't actually awake and watching Inception at the time?

Hello, reppers. Our puppy's stomach is still acting up, although nothing like what it was a couple of weeks ago...

I keep reading articles about how most pet owners don't realize all the "hidden" unhealthy ingredients in processed pet food because the companies that put out the food, can get away with using words that "sound" like ok items for a pet to eat, when really, they're not. I've also read that most pets develop some kind of digestive problems on processed pet food over time. I know our cat did. We kept switching foods over the years, and eventually, everything started to make her sick.

I remember reading an article on raw foods for dogs (and cats) years ago and some of the owners swore by it. They started feeding their dogs only raw chicken, etc, (which would be closer to what wild dogs would eat anyway) and they showed an amazing difference in a short amount of time.

Their digestive problems cleared up, blood sugar levels got better, etc. However, the raw chicken had to come from somewhere that made sure it was ok to eat (not contaminated with anything, fresh, antibiotic free, organic, etc, etc). That could make it expensive. But the owners that tried it for their dogs refused to go back to processed food once they saw the difference after their pets were on a raw diet for awhile. I guess it was a really big change in their overall health.

You might be able to get ok raw chicken from a local farmers market, or an old fashioned butcher shop (depending on where they get their meat if those types of shops still exist). But I'd stay away from trying any raw meat from the regular grocery story since most meat comes from the same place since there's only a certain amount of cow farms that sends meat to most of the stores in the country. That stuff is always contaminated with the e-coli bacteria, etc.

It couldn't hurt to try if you're able and can afford it. Hope he feels better. Poor doggie.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you have only one dog, most large supermarket chains have a refrigerated dog food in tubes that's supposed to be better. It's a step up from the full raw chicken deal, and contains meat and veggies (does anyone else's dogs ADORE carrots? Ours do--they'll come as quick for a carrot crunching in our teeth as pulling the beef roast out of the oven) and are supposed to be really healthy.

Here at the store I work at, a 3 lb tube is about $9, IIRC.

Just a thought.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen those. But putting a 1/4cup of wet on the pooch's kibble is working just fine :D So I am not messing with it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.