• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing Buddy for Daily/Weekly Word Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

vptran2

Registered
Reaction score
Moving forward day to day and hitting your word count (for me at least) is it a lot like exercise: It's easier if others are showing up or giving group encouragement. When you hit the dreaded wall having others ask you how it's going can make all the difference in the world.

I'm thinking a "how's your writing going, lets trade our word counts and give each other high-fives for hitting it or encouragement and advice when we don't and hey by the way i'm stuck here what do you think" type of thing.

I'm writing an urban fantasy, and it could be super helpful if you're someone that just "gets it" when I talk about alternate world's, gene-splicing, short-sword sticking out someone's back type of bad-assery.

Interested? Drop me a note :)

Syrup

Real Life Magical Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there! I'm new around here but I'm interested in a writing buddy to bounce around ideas and share encouragement with, maybe share prompts and double as betas/CPs later down the line. I'm developing a few ideas for projects and working on a few short stories for now (urban fantasy, paranormal, YA, SF). I'm hoping to start subbing to lit mags and maybe flesh out a plot for my novel. I'd love to connect if you're interested!

vptran2

Registered
Reaction score
Pm me if still interested

Hi there. Sounds like it's worth us having a chat. PM me and let's connect?

Monni24

Registered
Reaction score
Mind if I join in? YA Fantasy and Paranormal Romance is my focus. Would love people to bounce some ideas off of. I think I have am off to a good start but a second, third and forth opinion would be welcome :)

SparkleFace

Registered
Reaction score
Could I be a fourthie or am I too late to join the party? I've mainly done horror up to now but I'm venturing into fantasy and it'd be awesome to have a support group to keep me on track.

StormChild

Registered
Reaction score
Count me in too, please? I write FSF, currently spinning my wheels on an SF/Mystery novel that deserves more motivation than I've felt recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.