Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
220px-Zoltan_Hound_of_Dracula.jpg
Horror Hounds currently in Britain and subscribing to the Horror Channel, guess what's on tonight at 10.55? I suspect shadowy forces of monitoring our postings. It's the only explanation, right?

slcboston, I am about as hip and trendy as the Archbishop of Canterbury. And that's how hip and trendy I plan to stay.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Road trip done, I have a gas tank to replace my leaking one. Now I just need to install it at a friend's house.

I cannot believe how green things are just north of me. I knew they got rain, but not that much. Everything is dead around my county but just an hour north and it's lush and green. I couldn't believe it.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There are days when I am ashamed to be a member of a species currently engaged in so much negativity and rather horrid activities around the globe... The only hope is that our magnificent alien overlords will rectify that situation. :D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
LOL! So much of society thinks an alien invasion would be terrible. Maybe they would change our world into one of good and rid us of these incompetent morons. I honestly don't know how some people make it through the day and are able to sleep at night...

... of course, with my job, I deal with soulless scumbags who steal everything they can without thinking of the harm they cause to others. Yesterday I had to tell an old lady someone stole just over $10,000 out of her checking account in less than 45 minutes. Her words were, "I'm not a mean person but I hope he gets run over by a big Mac truck." I felt so bad for her but she took it all so well.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Abby, people keep telling me I should write a book about the various things I've done and the crap I've seen. I'm guessing people have said the same thing to you, too.

There used to be a series of books out called Stories Cops Only Tell Each Other. There was also a series about firemen of the same vein. You would think between you, I and a few of our colleagues we could fill a book with all kinds of horror stories.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I... DAMN. I don't know what to say to that.

Is she going to get the money back? The bank has to cover it, right?

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ted... I once had a guy ask me 'Is the guy who works in the ATM on break or something?'

Yes. True.

Gary, yes, she'll get it back. Thankfully. Its hard seeing some of these people have their funds wiped like that. The job itself isn't hard, but its hard on the heart.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
With the interest she would have received had it still been in her account, or is that something the bank doesn't pay up for?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only hope is that our magnificent alien overlords will rectify that situation. :D

Before or after they wipe us all out?

Sorry, history degree and all that. It never works out well for the less-advanced society. Ever.

Except the Ewoks. But that was a one-off guerrilla victory.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With the interest she would have received had it still been in her account, or is that something the bank doesn't pay up for?

When a friend of mine had this happen to him (because he has a common name and someone with his name - but obviously not him - walked into the bank and stole his money), the bank gave him back all the money that had been in the account at the time it was stolen.

If it's charges or something, the government insures banks against that, and you get it all back, too, as happened to me.

Most of the time when people lose money they realize it pretty quickly, so I doubt there would be much interest lost ... but if I recall correctly, the FDIC policy only covers the amount that was in the bank.

As it is the law, it has to be written down somewhere that you could probably look up, and I suspect the banks or something might even have it more handily accessible than that, though I could be wrong.

:)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are a lot of bad people out there.

I'm not sure aliens are the answer, though, as they would likely wipe out all of us.

We need some sort of top level predator. A book I read once - fiction - proposed genetically engineering something. Someone had suggested vampires, but the main character thought those were too elitist, and suggested werewolves as being more egalitarian.

Of course, they'd be taking down more than just the bad people, but it would probably make a sizeable dent in certain populations. It could revolutionize health and elder care, to say the least.

:evil

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
This is a sensitive subject for me. In all honesty, I keep hoping to find something that is not supposed to exist. Werewolves, demons, wraiths, etc. I'd even settle for a real vampire as long as he doesn't sparkle.

It's sad to think we live in a world where this is it. If I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the world we know is all there is then I would not want to live any longer. If the day comes where I'm certain there is nothing else, I'd eat a gun. I think this is why I look in the shadows and dark corners. I also think this is why I'm so comfortable with the subject. Kids have Santa, I have werewolves, warlocks, demons and mad scientists creating people from salvaged parts.

You know, if we had eugenics, we wouldn't have to ask ourselves what to do with all the undesirables in this world. We would be able to keep them from being brought into it in the first place.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
FWIW, Ted, I'm really glad you're here and that I get a chance to talk to you on AW. :) The thing about the internet is that we can easily ignore those who hurt us or behave like fools by simply going to a different page.

I think part of why I write is so I can escape into a world without the people and problems that haunt me here. I can be free.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is a sensitive subject for me. In all honesty, I keep hoping to find something that is not supposed to exist. Werewolves, demons, wraiths, etc. I'd even settle for a real vampire as long as he doesn't sparkle.

Settle for a ghost?

No, seriously. I don't have any "spectral presence in the spooky mansion or darkened hallway" kind of ghost story, but I've experienced - once - an undeniable presence of someone I know for certain was dead, but am just as certain was there.

This isn't all there is. I don't take that on faith anymore.

You know, if we had eugenics, we wouldn't have to ask ourselves what to do with all the undesirables in this world. We would be able to keep them from being brought into it in the first place.

Ah... but who gets to decide who is undesireable, and who is not?

Because by the looks of it, BW and Abs where about ready to wipe us all out tonight.

:D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*looks for a werewolf to set loose at work*

oh, if only it was that easy. :e2bummed:

Lot's of stupidity there. Of course, I'd have to get my elderly customers out that I adore, first. There's not many of them, for even the old can be vicious, but there are a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.