Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm having fun setting up our new wireless printer. So not easy. :S how is everyone? x

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, my mum gets all snotty with me because i wont ring up the help centre for our netbook. What she doesn't realise is i just set up the printer, and i'm ALWAYS ringing up the help people. Just because her computer isn't compatible to use wifi printer software she starts ranting. I've told her over four years to get it updated. But oh no, does she listen? Nope. I'm like "Bitch, please!" lol just kidding. I'm not allowed to talk back. Yet she can swear at me. Stupid double standards!

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone writing anything interesting? :) I'm just curious.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I kinda like it. Brief blurb below. I also just finished a flash fiction story. It's complete at 902 words. Flash fiction is a micro short story, usually less than 1k words.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. I kinda like to write flash fiction. This was my first but it's very cool.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Otakuthon weekend!

The internet got disconnected from my house, and I use WriteorDie to write = no productiveness. Now I live in a hotel.

You know there's a desktop edition you can run offline, right? It's only $10.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Morning!
smiley-bounce022.gif

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes. My phone bill is a LOT this month. All my holiday usage is catching up. :s

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know of the main things to include in a YA story? Like... Love, action, communication, driven characters... etc etc. Any specific things i need to include? Probably find the answer elsewhere, but i just thought i'd ask. I only ask because i feel my story is lacking a certain... something. I want to include a love interest, but it's finding a place to include it, because i didn't add one to start with. I don't want to force it, but when i re-read it, i just feel it's missing SOMETHING. Gah! Any tips?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know of the main things to include in a YA story? Like... Love, action, communication, driven characters... etc etc. Any specific things i need to include? Probably find the answer elsewhere, but i just thought i'd ask. I only ask because i feel my story is lacking a certain... something. I want to include a love interest, but it's finding a place to include it, because i didn't add one to start with. I don't want to force it, but when i re-read it, i just feel it's missing SOMETHING. Gah! Any tips?

Characters and a plot. Characters must have motivations. Plot must have conflict and stakes.

That is all. There is no writing in stone that says you MUST HAVE romance. In fact, if you're trying to find a place to "fit in" a love interest, it's probably best for your story that you don't. That's like trying to "fit in" vampires/angels/zombies/demons/wizards just because they're popular right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.