Unknown author making the rounds - Hello!

Downhill

One word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.themapmakers.org
Hi Everyone. I am emerging as an ex-lurker, now active participant. Wow, since discovering this place several months ago I have been really impressed by the community here. This is such a terrific source of information, advice, and general support.

I am a new author of a young adult eco-literary novel and I am now in the midst of the publishing process. I am currently waiting to hear back from several agents, while simultaneously embarking into the depths of self-publishing Q&A's. I am not sure where my journey will take me, but I have decided to cast off my doubts and fears and just go for it.

At this stage I am really looking for a mentor and guidance as I begin a full-time immersion into this evolving industry. I hope to contribute in any way I can, while quenching my thirst from the experience of others.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, fellow unknown Oregunner.

There are a few of us hereabouts. Have fun at AW! :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Glad you stopped lurking.

tfang1289

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there, and welcome!
Haha, I was also a lurker for a while before I mustered up the courage to join. I'm so glad I have. There's SO much information here, and everyone I've encountered so far is reeeeally friendly.

Downhill

One word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.themapmakers.org
Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yep, Fellow Oregonite, Ashlander, I suppose. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

@ BRDurken, Eco-literary is definitely an emerging genre, so here is my take on it, or at least what I work to encapsulate in my writing: Eco-literary is a genre that maintains a focus on the natural world and man's role within it. I believe that using techniques such as metaphor and satire give people unique perspectives into the issues we are currently facing in regards to humanity's involvement and evolution alongside the natural world.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

Feel free to stop by Jed's Newbie Pub at the top of the New Members forum. It's a friendly place where you can hang out, have a virtual drink, and strike up a conversation with other members.

Here's a link to some of the most commonly asked questions in the FAQs, and another for the Absolute Write Dictionary to help you get started. And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide.

Enjoy your stay. :)