Jactancy January 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
<never heard the word 'jactancy' before - where did you find that?>

A week or so ago I finally decided whodunit for my mystery novel, so now I'm going to proceed with writing the rest of it. It's been a long time since I picked it up, so my goals for January are:
* from beginning, read what I've got so far, to refresh my memory
* highlight the storyline bits - I have a tendency to overwrite description
* start writing the rest of it

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, tarak! It's good to see you. :)

I got to about the 2/3 point in the WIP yesterday. Hoping to finish it off today and finish the first draft of the query.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice progress! Keep plugging away, AWer's!

Alas and alack, I was wordless yesterday. First day back at work in the New Year and it was a madhouse! Today does not look to be much better either as we've already had our first crisis of the day, one of our servers is down! Hope to get some wordage tonight.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been mostly wordless for the last couple of months. Big deadlines at work (still ongoing) and then the hungry maw of life sucking up all creativity, not to mention exhausting me. But I've got about 20-25k of the WIP left to write, and I'm disappointed I didn't manage it in 2012. In January, I'd like to get back to some kind of regular writing pattern. I'm not expecting a lot of words. I just want the regular act of writing to be reestablished.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year, all.

My goal in November was to get to the end of the current draft of the WIP. I failed. My goal in December was to get to the end of the current draft of the WIP. I still failed. I enter 2013 with 13 chapters to go.

So the same goal applies now. Except, this time I will succeed. And I will get the damn thing out to beta readers, to boot.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Well, new year, new me. Hopefully! I've been neglecting my book for too long so here I am jumping back in. After all, the book won't edit itself!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
No words on the WIP today but I did do over 4,000 in blog posts for work, one on attractions for transport enthusiasts in Prague and the history of Prague transport (that was riveting...) and one on film locations in Prague that you can spot in famous movies. So I have written something. (Now I'm waiting for my boss to shout at me for the movie post, as it's got loads of photos and isn't, technically, anything to do with the ghost tours, only we do mention Amadeus on one tour, and people ask about this stuff a lot).

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,074 today. Slowly churning toward another big plot point, but my timeline is kind of irritating me. Timelines always screw me up.

Oh, and I seem to have broken 100,000. How did that happen??

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
I worked on my WIP a lot today, and saw a loss of almost 9,000 words as a result. It isn't as bad as it seems though. I finally have a coherent storyline going for me, and the few words that I have remaining all are clearly part of the same story. I have a bunch of ideas to fill in still, but I am really happy with the deletions and reorganizations that I made today.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Back to early morning writing sessions in Starbucks today. And ginger muffins are back on the menu! Happy Shara!! :)

I have amended four chapters of this draft this morning. The end is in sight...

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
790 today.

(And I achieved my secret goal of posting a critique on SYW.)

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Awesome work everyone! Hugs to those wordless folks. You'll get back at it, I'm sure. :D

3,188 words last night. I was on a roll. Of course, I seemed to have wrenched my neck so today's prolly gonna be a rest day. But over 3k? That never happens. I'm happy. :D

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Awesome work everyone! Hugs to those wordless folks. You'll get back at it, I'm sure. :D

3,188 words last night. I was on a roll. Of course, I seemed to have wrenched my neck so today's prolly gonna be a rest day. But over 3k? That never happens. I'm happy. :D

AWesome wordage, Saoirse! :hooray: I think my strongest run was just over 2k. (Now I have a record to beat. :tongue)

Well, it's not 3k+, but got a whopping 369 words this morning and wrapped up a tough scene and chapter! That brings the WIP to 37,843. Still shy of my 40K goal, which I had hoped to top before the end of December. It's a new month and a New Year, so that 40K is going to get it's a** kicked. ;)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone is storming along with their January goals. :hooray:

A miserly 157 words yesterday, but they're words, and I'll take 'em.:D

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
98 words over the past 2 days BUT ideas are brewing in my head instead.

AND I may, just may, be fitting in a writing sesh tonight, so I'll let you know how that goes.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Around 500 today - I was aiming for more like 1,000 but life got in the way. Hoping to pick up those lost words and a few more tomorrow.

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
No work on the WIPs, but I did write a blog post. One of my goals this year is to be consistent with updating my blog. I'm also trying to be more of a plotter and less of a pantser. We'll see how that goes. I'm not optimistic.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
No new words today. I'm working on the third string of the story and just sorting out some details of the new character. A bit feverish today though so I'm not going to be that worried if I don't get a lot done.