Just came out of writer's closet. Some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisla

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Not much to add to the above, except that rejections can strengthen your resolve "to show them" by making it big! Welcome to AW.

melmeza82

Registered
Reaction score
My first rejection, got it today

Dear :

Thank you for your query and interest in representation by Martin Literary Management. After careful consideration of your book project, we regret that we are unable to take you on as a client at this time.

Our agency is committed to providing excellent, comprehensive literary management services to established and emerging writers, but based on your query and after reviewing the manuscript you submitted we don’t feel we’d be the right advocates for your material. As a result, we must respectfully pass on representing your worthy project.

We wish you the very best in placing your book with another agent and in your quest for publication.

All best,

You guys are so right! it
It definitely hurts like a mother… I was feeling oddly inadequate for all of 15 minutes and now I’m just angry. Heehehehe. It was good! I am a darn good writer and just because they are not the right advocates to my material, doesn’t mean out there isn’t one dying to advocate me! Lol.
And you are right… I am now oh so much more determined to show them. They’ll see (insert maniacal laughter here).

Thank you all

visiongogles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.applevisionpress.com
A Writer, Who Me?

I just recently wrote an article that I think would be appropriate for you. I hope this will encourage you. Tate Publishing Co. just released my first book.

Are you ready to experience freedom in a whole new way? Do you feel the adrenalin pumping through your veins just thinking about the thoughts and ideas that keep traveling around your brain? Is the only thing keeping you from putting your thoughts on paper, the fear of what others will think? Well, fear no more. My definition of fear is the inability to move forward. Writing is the ability to put your thoughts and dreams into words. It's a gift or passion that no one can take away from you. You are in control and that in itself gives you so much freedom. Writing is no different than learning how to ride a bike or inventing a new invention. Sometimes you succeed and sometimes you have to pick yourself up and try again. The only person that can keep you from fulfilling your dreams is you. Dare to dream and turn those dreams into a reality. If writing is your passion, then go for it. It is never too late. After years of procrastination, I finally took the plunge and wrote a book. I gave the manuscript to a friend that I knew would give me a true evaluation and then submitted it to a publisher. To my surprise (and I do mean surprise), the manuscript was accepted. It just took me being encouraged by a friend not to give up on my dreams. I would like to pass that along to you. Don't give up on your dreams. I saw an animated movie a few months back called "Meet the Robinson's" and one phrase that stuck in my mind was, "keep moving forward" so that is what I want to encourage you with. Keep moving forward. YM www.applevisionpress.com

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
Welcome!

Well, I cried and bitched over my first rejection. In fact, I was upset over every single rejection I've gotten. My skin is pretty thin. But I keep sending the babies out.

I think writers need to be somewhat masochistic.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.