How'd You Find This Site?

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, world! My first post (still working down the stickies). I was running a search on a single word, "matriarchy," and out of the hundreds of hits, I came across a discussion on these boards. The discussion had become rather heated and a moderator had eventually closed it down. Scrolling down this debate was a good intro to Mac's First Commandment about respecting fellow writers. As I become more familiar with your boards, I will figure out where to talk about my project (either SFF or Erotica, I think).
Cheers, Trevor

aberthot

Registered
Reaction score
How I found this site

Someone mentioned this site as being helpful on Querytracker.com. I am so glad I know about it now and can't wait to get some feedback!

Ygramul

Registered
Reaction score
I found this through reading some interviews posted on carolineinspace.blogspot.com

Joshua Horne

Registered
Reaction score
What's not to love about google? =)

I was researching query letters, and this site came up repeatedly in searches.

Nothing like a little reading in Query Letter Hell to calm the nerves of a rookie novelist looking to begin work on his very first query letter...

sparnols

Registered
Reaction score
It was by accident for me also. Was serching for agents and quiery information when a link brought me here. Im not even sure which one it was but I am glad it did. Everyone has been helpful and there has been alot of useful information.

Aldraia

Dragonsinger
Registered
Reaction score
I was linked here by a friend (*waves, you know who you are*) who was wondering if I had ever heard of this place.

summerb

Registered
Reaction score
I found the site through a Susan Hawk's blog - it was a post about query writing and recommended using QLH to critique before submitting :)

Garriga

Registered
Reaction score
Garriga Here

Last night, I ventured into this board hoping to ask a question regarding dialogue. After searching the forums, I decided to join to gain constructive criticism on my weaknesses, as well as learn a few things about style.

Anyway, I am Garriga from Mississippi, and I want to be a writer.

Ruriworm

Registered
Reaction score
Coincidentally found this while surfing the internet!

Drogona

Registered
Reaction score
I googled "writing forum" and found it among the results on the first page :)

Professord

The Professor: This is NOT academia
Registered
Reaction score
I am in agent-search mode, and saw a reference to the 20 Worst Agents. Figured I needed that, and came and got my feet caught in the sticky, so I registered.
The Professor

Pallas Athene

Registered
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, one of the Publish America threads was linked to on a snark blog I frequent. I've visited off and on since then, and now I plan on sticking around.

ConRomPoet

Registered
Reaction score
This site was suggested to me by Create Space of Amazon. Has anyone else followed this route?

Last edited: