Your Writing "Nook"

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haunt the left corner of the living room sofa. Therea are many books and writing snippets/research/submission guidelines piled and scattered on that side of the room too.

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
On the couch next to my boyfriend. I used to use a desk but he uses that for his computer. I also get alot of writing done at work.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
I am all over my house with my laptop: living room, bedrooms, dining room, kitchen. I can't face a wall, I have to face a window. I can't look up and see a barrier. I need to see trees, grass or the back of my house which borders a woods where I can see deer (morning and twilight) or wild turkeys and other sundry creatures.

Can't have my back to a door either. I startle too easily. I think I could have a heart attack. Just someone walking in to say, 'Hey where's the peanut butter' can make me jump eight feet and I lose all train of concentration.

I follow the sun, too. I adjust the laptop so the direct sunlight's not on it and can write away for hours. When the sun moves, I get up and move, too.

I have a hard time writing at night.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have one right now. My dream would be a medium-sized, spacious room with the walls covered with bookshelves and a huge wraparound desk in front of big windows.

And hopefully that will one day be reality lol.

I get most of my writing done during school or in my room in the middle of the night.

BySharonNelson

(Insert something whitty here)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bysharonnelson.blogspot.com
I have a table with room for my laptop and little else but mostly I write at the library or on the couch with the new love of my life, my iPad. I take it almost everywhere which is great cause I can write while my son plays at the park or while I'm getting an oil change. My husband is getting jealous because of the time I spend with it :) I love you honey ;)

deborahlea

queen of wandering
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deborah-bryan.com
Now that I'm a parent, I write wherever a few spare moments and writing tools converge. In Japan, my nook was the train. Folks used to stand over me and praise the prettiness of my gaikokujin writing. :p

Sharon, my S.O. got an iPad last week. Till now, I'd thought it was another expensive money trap . . . but that opinion's fading fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.