Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Same here!!! I got the HP Envy 14 with all the best upgrades so i would never have to worry about anything.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Crap. I have to get up at like 9. Meaning I should go to sleep now.

Talk to y'all tomorrow :D

OTWOV

is Learning to Fly: solo
Registered
Reaction score
oh and that's cool keags..mac to me is pure sex appeal and not enough substance for the money

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
See i just absolutely hate the mac operating system. I grew up using Windows and just cant stand mac although now more Windows are being closer and closer to mac's with the way they work which is really pissing me off but whatever i'll live. My boyfriend has a mac with he refuses to let me touch because every time i have the urge to throw it out the window with rage.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Over the years, I've had such bad experiences with windows. I kept giving it chances, but it kept giving me mental STDs. :<

I've only had my current PC for a year and a half, and it's already starting to go poopy on me. D:<!!

Plus, I plan to go into graphic art and what not. And for that, macs are kind of the industry standard. So either way, I'll have to use one eventually.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
yeah Macs are top of the line in terms of design, but the operating system itself is flawed. Like, have had a program "not respond?" Well, in a Windows PC, you can close solely that program, whereas in a mac, you have to completely shut down the computer and restart, but programs stop responding a lot less frequently.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah for graphics and stuff that is the way to go!

Yeah windows have given me problems too... so that's why i went out and got like the most expensive computer known to man. And i've only had it for a day so for buts its awesome.

Grrrr my writing is going so slow now...

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
See that wouldn't bother me depending on how long the restart takes. :/ My current PC goes nuts when a program stops responding and the whole damn thing freezes up. And if I do a ctrl-alt-delete, it tells me that my system is not responding and that nothing can be done. O__o;

So I have to do a hard reset. =_=;

And then wait five minutes for the stupid thing to reboot.

The sad thing is, my computer isn't even a bad computer. It's a fairly good one. :/ HP, 8 gigs of RAM, good video card...x.x; Windows just has some personal vendetta against me, I swear on my life it does. XD I dont' remember the processor speed, but I'm pretty sure it's a quad-core too.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
mmm, interesting Keags...and ampltj, I got to my goal of 10k before my two day trip so I'm okay with not writing tonight

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha, no i completely believe you! Because i sware my boyfriends computer knows when i'm on it. Because shit that's never happened to him, happens to me when i'm on it and them i get yelled at for "breaking it" when i didnt do anything, the computer just tries to get me in trouble!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Computers: They are alive.

Yep. They have to be. D:

My computer is as fickle as an old person as well. :X I've had soooo many issues with windows that I am done, haha. Even at school I've had issues with windows.

Me: I will finish up my report early! C: Won't my teacher be proud of me!
Computer: Nope. *blue screens*
Me: ...WHYYYYYYYYY

Seriously. All I did was turn it on and it blue screen'd on me. O_O; Stupid school computer.

My windows computer will only be used for playing the sims. That is it. Because Sims 3 sucks on a Mac. D:<

Anyway, I am off to bed. I am tired and I want to play some DS (dragon quest! <3) before I pass out for the night.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
night keags

Yeah, you can call me Ethan, Emerson, String (long story, but Keags likes it :p) or if you're feeling daring and sensual Captain Roy. And you are Ally, although you've never told me that explicitly so I haven't called you that yet.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok Ethan, Yes i'm Ally, feel free to call me that, i know the whole amlptj thing is a pain in the ass if your not as used to it as me. Hell i use that for everything now.

Would you mind if i ask about why the String thing?

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
sure, when I was, oh say about 10, my sister would call me e-thong instead of ethan. Then as soon as I got to highschool, my sister told some of my classes mates, but they couldn't remember exactly what she'd said, so they called me E-string (like g-string), anyways, as the years went on it changed to just string. Most of my school called me string, but I'm sure I'm the only one who knows why. I don't mind the name really, it's unique.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awwww your sister is mean! I'm glad you dont mind the name though! Its actually a cool nickname! I had a friend who caledl me Scoob, for the longest while when we were little because i loved Scooby-Doo.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
yeah my sister can be mean, and that's not even close to the worst of it it but whatever. I know a few people who go by Scoob or Scooby actually, I love that name.

I have a question for you. Have you queried any of you FREAK novels?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
No, sadly i haven't. I started writing them at a very young age where i had no idea what to do to get them published, then about 2 years ago i joined this sight and stared figuring it all out, now I'm looking for beta's/ waiting for responses back from a few beta's before I officially send out my query for my first one.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
that's still very impressive. I don't think I could write the 9 novels you've written without giving up my artist's pledge: "For art's sake!" and try to publish one.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I've tried, i sent emailed to publishers before but then they said i needed an agent, so that's when i went to look for an agent, but that's not been a very easy task considering many agents say they arent into series.... or horror, or thriller. Plus, i've had a lot of bumps along the way... I'm dyslexic and my books are riddled with tons of grammer and spelling errors, finding someone to help fix that hasnt been a very easy task. Then i have a problem with betas, all of them either, keep dropping out of me because of unfortunate events or simply never respond back to me. So I'm taking it slow, I dont really mind because no matter if i have to publish them all myself, they WILL get published, end of story.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
well I must say I love your spirit, and wish you all the best of luck. Had you met me last summer, I would have beta'd and corrected all your books for you, I wasn't so busy then :(

Status
Not open for further replies.