Beta Readers/Crit Requests

Arcadia Divine

Registered
Reaction score
A wereoctopus? That's pretty original. I have to read this! Send it my way. My email is alpha.omega23[at]ymail.com. I'm a slow reader, but I'll get it done.

victoriajakes

let me tell you about my dogs
Registered
Reaction score
I'll send it over! I'm assuming you mean gmail and not ymail, but I'll cc both to be sure :) Thanks!

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Hey,

I still need some fresh eyes for 4,700-word paranormal investigation set in Malaysia. It's part horror, too. I've already had two great crits, but I need one or two more to help balance things out.

If you're interested, go ahead and PM me. I'll be happy to return the favor. :)

Thanks everyone for the offers! But I no longer need any betas for this piece.

Last edited:

OtterFactory

Registered
Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to beta a 600 word story? It's literary-experimental-ish. It's also a bit dark, so no thinskinners, please!

Sea Witch

Stirring the word cauldron
Registered
Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Is there a W1S1-er that would be willing to read and give me some feedback on a 600-word flash? It's dark fiction, horror, absurd, and funny. so I need someone who can laugh at black humor and absurdity.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

I still need some fresh eyes for 4,700-word paranormal investigation set in Malaysia. It's part horror, too. I've already had two great crits, but I need one or two more to help balance things out.

If you're interested, go ahead and PM me. I'll be happy to return the favor. :)

Sent you a PM, Defcon.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I have a 4,000-word sci-fi/fantasy I could use a few beta readers on. I'm specifically looking for a critique of the story itself, and how it can be improved, but any and all comments will be appreciated. PM me if interested. It has elves in space, if that helps clarify the type of sci-fi/fantasy involved.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a 4,000-word sci-fi/fantasy I could use a few beta readers on. I'm specifically looking for a critique of the story itself, and how it can be improved, but any and all comments will be appreciated. PM me if interested. It has elves in space, if that helps clarify the type of sci-fi/fantasy involved.

Sold! -- I'll read about elves in space. E-mail me a copy to: kingsgames at gmail dot com :)

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I have something that could use another beta -- though I may post an excerpt over at SYW and try to bait someone, but this needs a fairly quick turnaround since it's for Dark Faith 2 antho. It's a 4k dark fantasy, heavy on the secondary worldbuilding. The MC is gay, in case you like (or want) to read gay/lesbian characters in fantasy.

I'll be happy to return the favor of a similar length.
:)

Last edited:

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for some eyes on a 4.7K sci-fi with cops, criminals and time travel. (Defcon, if you're still looking for betas for your story, I'd be open for a swap).

Last edited:

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Looking for some eyes on a 4.7K sci-fi with cops, criminals and time travel. (Defcon, if you're still looking for betas for your story, I'd be open for a swap).
It's already been subbed, but thank you. :)

I do have a literary noir (no SFF elements) that needs some extra eyes if you'd be interested. It's 3,900 words. Or anyone else who wants to take a peek. I think it's a fun piece.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I do have a literary noir (no SFF elements) that needs some extra eyes if you'd be interested. It's 3,900 words. Or anyone else who wants to take a peek. I think it's a fun piece.
I'm open, though I should warn you I don't read or write literature. If that's a problem, I understand.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Need some beta critter eyes on a 5,000 word sci-fi/fantasy, involving humans, elves, orcs, space, and psychological horror. It's a genre bender, with violence, possibly not for the faint of heart.

Help is definitely needed and appreciated. I've been working and reworking this story since January 19th (see initial post on that date). I think... I THINK I finally accomplished what I was looking for. It needs a touch up to strengthen and improve the prose, but I'm mostly interested in whether the story works.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Need some beta critter eyes on a 5,000 word sci-fi/fantasy, involving humans, elves, orcs, space, and psychological horror. It's a genre bender, with violence, possibly not for the faint of heart.

Help is definitely needed and appreciated. I've been working and reworking this story since January 19th (see initial post on that date). I think... I THINK I finally accomplished what I was looking for. It needs a touch up to strengthen and improve the prose, but I'm mostly interested in whether the story works.
If no one has offered, you can send it my way. I may take a few days (trying to get through some other reading and beta another story), but it'll be done. ;)

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Need some fresh eyeballs for a 2,800-word humor-horror/weird tale. Any takers? I'll happily return the favor. :)

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I do need it since no one has offered yet. It seems the betas are rather scant, aren't they? :e2poke:
Yeah, I noticed fewer and fewer posts in this thread recently. AND missing "faces." You have my email, I presume? Send it on over! I have a semi-busy weekend, but I believe I'll be able to finish it as soon as tomorrow evening, or Sunday evening at the latest.