Any protracted polysyllabic poetry or sesquipedalian sonnets?

DrZoidberg

aka TomOfSweden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomknox.se
I've been approached by a major Swedish publisher to write an erotic novel (in English) for an anthology. It'll be a showcase of sorts of the varying ways to love or just enjoy some hanky panky. This is quite a big deal with major Swedish names attached. My speciality is kinky sex, so that'll what I'll be providing.

I thought I'd take an old short story I've got about a girl with a fetish for long polysyllabic words. Yes, it's a real fetish. I didn't make it up. The story is about a romance of sorts between her and her ageing poetry professor. Let's just say they tend to each other's needs. I can do erotica just fine. That's not my problem.

My problem is that I'm not an English major. I haven't studied a fraction of enough poetry as I should to make this work well. So, I'm asking/begging for some help here. Do it for your love of poetry!

I'm looking for poems, preferably famous with lapsed copyrights, with as many long polysyllabic words as possible. It's good if the poems are non-erotic. That would make the fetish all the weirder. And that's what this story is all about.

This isn't a comedic piece. I'm taking the fetish very seriously indeed and treating all involved (in the story) with the utmost respect. Partly because I'm a bit of a kinky awareness campaigner and also because I think it'll work better that way.

Please help a fellow writer out.
-Tom Knox