XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
There are so many books I want to read! I need more time. *pulls hair*

I've started to review some books on Goodreads, but I am not a good review, so don't expect anything fabulous.

Also, does anyone know if the copyright on your work goes under your real name or penname? I feel I should know this.

And hi! :)

I'm a terrible reviewer. If something really stood out to me, I might be able to grind out a paragraph. I figure the ratings will have to speak for themselves.

Copyright goes in real name, or corporate if you've LLCd yourself or something.

And finished. Nice book, Hillz. :)

Thank you, Fen. :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
um. Somehow I ended up with two cats on me. Halp? Hard to type...

Oh! I too finished Hillz book last night (well, 2am this morning). Very nice. Except that I want Moar.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not always the best on internet protocol, especially the unspoken stuff, so I'll just ask - is there some sort of thing against posting actual picture of yourself as your av? Yours are all very good, and witty, but I don't see much in the way of actual pictures.

I dislike virtually every picture of me ever taken. One of the few decent ones that exists is my Facebook profile pic - taken ten years ago when I had a beard. And I quite like having Barbara Stanwyck (it's a screengrab from the DVD of the 1933 film Baby Face) represent me to the world of AW.

Walter Murch (legendary film/sound editor in Hollywood - worked with Lucas, Coppola and others) came up with a good reason why some people look better in photos than others. When he was directing Return to Oz he found that Fairuza Balk looked stunning when filmed with a certain lens at a certain distance, so he ended up using that particular combination of lens and distance for every closeup of her. So there you go, if you look like a dog in photos, it's the wrong lens and it's too close or too far away. :)

Sian, did you say once you're based some of the time in Townsville? If that's Townsville QLD, I've just seen a film that was shot there. Beneath Hill 60 (2010). It's a World War I movie.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You haven't written the next five books yet? Dire!

Hello, Eye. So what was the movie about?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and flicker ftw! Mine came by. After staking out the place from a tree, he went down to the birdbath. Not the one by my kitchen window that all the birds have been chugging from, but the regular and very frozen one. I watched him flick snow aside with his beak, drill down, and flick some more snow. Then he drank and flew off. Silly bird.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Eye. So what was the movie about?

Hi Fenika. It's the true story of the 1st Australian Tunnelling Company's endeavours to mine under a German bunker and blow it up. The real-life leader, Oliver Woodward, came from the Townsville area and the film was shot there - which is not as straightforward as you might think, filming wet and muddy trench sequences in a part of Australia which is often dry, hot and dusty. But it works on the whole - though I did have some problems with the script structure and the film wasn't above being manipulative at times. (You just know which of the cast are there to be killed off for poignant effect.)

Oh and considering that the film builds up to what was the largest manmade explosion up to that point, if you are watching the film with 5.1 sound, expect your room to shake!

It's one of the DVDs I'll be reviewing for Australia Day, which is this coming Thursday.

I got a 700-page book on the Warsaw Uprising out of the library today. It's research for a writing project or two. ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got a 700-page book on the Warsaw Uprising out of the library today. It's research for a writing project or two. ;)

:D

And that film sounds pretty interesting.

I'm off to go riding in the snow, folks. Misbehave.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

I haven't read back, but I'm going to abandon that as a lost cause atm, and instead offer hugs to all those who need them, and cheers to those who got what they wanted these past two days.

I have just been out dancing to Latin music in the park, and I am beat. I had good Thai food, good beer, good company, good live music, and good dancing partners. I may change my profile picture again - I'll leave it to the morning before I decide if any of the pics are good enough.

I'm not always the best on internet protocol, especially the unspoken stuff, so I'll just ask - is there some sort of thing against posting actual picture of yourself as your av? Yours are all very good, and witty, but I don't see much in the way of actual pictures.

*goes off to ponder her way to bed*

Night all :)

I do not like pictures of myself, therefore I try not to post them more than I have to. I have one on my website, that's plenty. :D

I'm a terrible reviewer. If something really stood out to me, I might be able to grind out a paragraph. I figure the ratings will have to speak for themselves.

Copyright goes in real name, or corporate if you've LLCd yourself or something.

I know that in my books my pubs have both put Tiffany Allee, which is not my legal name. So...maybe that's a problem? I don't know. :(

I'm also a terrible reviewer. I can't even explain a book properly. I was attempting to tell MrBugz what The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles was about last night and couldn't even do that. But I'm just going to blame that on the book.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I know that in my books my pubs have both put Tiffany Allee, which is not my legal name. So...maybe that's a problem? I don't know. :(

I'm also a terrible reviewer. I can't even explain a book properly. I was attempting to tell MrBugz what The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles was about last night and couldn't even do that. But I'm just going to blame that on the book.

Uhm...think you need to look into that with your pub.

If you gave me a year, I couldn't properly tell you what Wind-Up Bird is really about.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
You know, today, I like the snow. Mostly because I don't have to drive in it. It's pretty out.
The thing is, I don't drive, so when it snows out I just put on my furry pink snow boots, several extra layers, a nice warm coat and off I go. I love walking in the snow and I love that cold feeling in the air.

Evening folks. What's goin on?

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
I have looked upon the face of SaraP. And lo, it was kinda cute and pretty-looking.

And there was much rejoicing throughout the Cantina. And lo, even also throughout the chatroom.

It's true, it's true! She speaks the truth!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
The thing is, I don't drive, so when it snows out I just put on my furry pink snow boots, several extra layers, a nice warm coat and off I go. I love walking in the snow and I love that cold feeling in the air.

Evening folks. What's goin on?

Oh, I hear you. I love walking in the snow. It was nice to be out and shoveling, even. Driving would be fine, too, but for the other people on the road. :D

My cinnamon bread is rising (Rise, my beauty, RISE!). I'm still amazed that the whole bread machine thing works.

There's a wren that's going to town at the suet feeder--peck peck yum. It's mostly peanut butter and seed, so there's good calories in there. I did throw some seed on the ground, and one wee chickadee landed next to it... and disappeared into the snow! It popped back up looking unhappy. Poor thing! Land *on* the seed, birdie!

So basically, bread and birds. Now to work on writing-related things.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Man, I want one of those giant cream-filled peeners.

Who had a platter of them again? Bettie? UNHAND THE PEENER.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Making lemon cake and I just zested my finger. Lemon juice feels awesome, in case you're curious.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Icy day is icy. Glad for the day off the other day job, but bye bye 8 hours worth of lettuce.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I've not been super productive today, but I need to get the chili simmering on the stove and Middle Child peed (intentionally) in her bed a few minutes ago, so I guess I will be doing that laundry too.

I've been somewhat relaxing today, given the sleeping in and all.

Might try writing later if I can get everyone into bed.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
multi quote of awesome... I even quote a multi quote...

So. A very late morning for me. Well. I got about 10 minutes of morning. I had a terrible night and was unable to sleep AT ALL... until about 6 am. And then I slept almost 5-1/2 hours

I think most people prefer anonimity or however you spell it.

Plus, it helps the melting pot when we are ponies and fish and actors and sheep and book covers and comic heros...

...and fairies...

No warning? What?

No. Warning.

I use other pics because I like looking at Jensen Ackles and because I try to limit just how many pics of me are on the net. I'm a teacher and my students are creative.

This is the best reason ever... except mine. I am a super hero in real life.

I don't use a photo of me as an av because nobody in their right mind wants to see a picture of me.

And this.

Er... why was there a vagina on Twitter? Was it a poarny vagina or a medical vagina?

Wait... why am I even asking this?!

That vagina was there for no good reason.... it was a poarny vagina. bleahhhh! I mean, I'm all for vagina power, but not when used for objectification

Man, I want one of those giant cream-filled peeners.

Who had a platter of them again? Bettie? UNHAND THE PEENER.

no, not I... I think it was Gina... I wanted one.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Yes, the plate of creme-filled peeners was me.

I've been trying to decide if they belong on the endless buffet, or out in the dong garden. Maybe I'll set up a little tea table by the garden and put them there...

Status
Not open for further replies.