Pedal Exerciser Recommendations?

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
When I broke my leg, my family had a hard time trying to lift me up and I had to drag myself to the couch so I wouldn't have to stay on the floor. No wonder! The scale at the hospital said I was 163 lbs!

Of course I'm much better now, but I've gotta dump some of that poundage, just in case they need to lift me again someday. :D Problem is, my ankle still hurts. Oh sure, the fracture's healed, and I can put weight on it for a while, but after that while it hurts big time. No doubt if I weighed a bit less there'd be less pressure on my ankle, but my physical therapy exercises aren't going to do much for that.

So I'm thinking about getting a peddle exerciser, maybe something like This. I figure that if my ankle isn't doing well, I can at least put it on a table and use my arms. Unfortunately, I haven't found many reviews for pedal exercisers online. Can anyone recommend a brand to me? Thanks!

Last edited:

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
Stupid Sears - your link just took me straight to International Shipping.

My exercise bike is at least 20 years old, so I couldn't recommend a modern brand for you. I can say, however, that I bet you could find a good one cheap, second hand. People are always giving up on exercise.

Good luck! :)

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about that. Didn't know Sears.com would do that to you. I'll see if I can get a better link.

It's not quite an exercise bike. It's basically just the pedals, though some models can get pretty fancy with what's between the pedals.