The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Stupid people at work are making me homicidal. I really don't understand how someone can hold down a "professional" job without a basic understanding of English and elementary math. :Headbang:

LRB, good luck to your daughter!

(((Sammy)))

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Blond, I hope you are able to do the full-time writing w/o the day job. I think that's the dream for many of us.

Clovia and LRB, vamp dust.

(((Sammy))) We've talked about the evils of being tired and not knowing why. I really hope the doctor figures it out and you feel better soon.

Caleb, agree about Prometheus.

(((Ink))) Stupid people make me want to :Headbang:

Niy...

HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
yay NK happy debut release!!!!

:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

inkie i hope you hear back soon
but i don't see anything wrong with
jotting down snippets of scenes or brainstorming
for this new novel. why not?

i am SO envious of those of you who have
so many sni's all the time.

KELL, if we can't embarrass our children,
what are we good for? i enjoy myself a lot
doing that. haha!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Happy book birthday, Niy!

Good test mojo for LRB's daughter!

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Plot question that just popped into my head. Disappear runs on a fairly linear timeline. The middle section is hazy, on purpose, on how much time is passing but generally it's not a lot and can be grasped by the reader.

The ending is dramatic, traumatic, and disturbing. Now that final chapter is the only chapter that the MC is not present.

The whole story is written in a form of omni third person.

So anyway do you people think that it wouldn't be too jarring to the reader if I jump ahead a year, maybe two years for one to three chapters at the very end? The purpose behind this is for additional mood, display of psychological impact, and to add a little bit more to the resolution.

Thoughts, concerns, ideas?

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Blond, that's terrifying, but also totally badass. I think you can pull it off. And it means you'll actually get sleep! What a thought!

Last night, JL woke me up. I'd fallen asleep - again - sitting upright in my comfy chair, laptop in lap, fingers on keyboard.

The sleep deprivation thing is starting to reach epidemic levels. I got 4 and a half hours Sunday night, 5 and a half last night. It's just NOT enough. And I still barely managed 1300 words last night with this manuscript due on Monday...

*sigh* I'm tired of being tired!

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb... seems like that would be more ... epilogue territory. :Shrug:

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY NIY!!!

...Can I go home please???

& yes I intend on whining all day about having to be here at the office....

Working the day of my book launch was not one of the better decisions I'd ever made. The Tweets and emails started around 5am, and didn't let up all day. My head was spinning, and since it was a Tuesday, I was elbow deep in payroll and billing!

I hope you can find a zen place to get through the day. I suggest chocolate. :)

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Plot question that just popped into my head. Disappear runs on a fairly linear timeline. The middle section is hazy, on purpose, on how much time is passing but generally it's not a lot and can be grasped by the reader.

The ending is dramatic, traumatic, and disturbing. Now that final chapter is the only chapter that the MC is not present.

The whole story is written in a form of omni third person.

So anyway do you people think that it wouldn't be too jarring to the reader if I jump ahead a year, maybe two years for one to three chapters at the very end? The purpose behind this is for additional mood, display of psychological impact, and to add a little bit more to the resolution.

Thoughts, concerns, ideas?

Without reading it, it's impossible for me to say whether it could or couldn't work. But generally I'm off the opinion that you can make just about ANYTHING work, given the right build up and motivation, if it enhances the story and the storytelling.

How's that for a non answer!

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY NIY!!!

Working the day of my book launch was not one of the better decisions I'd ever made. The Tweets and emails started around 5am, and didn't let up all day. My head was spinning, and since it was a Tuesday, I was elbow deep in payroll and billing!

I hope you can find a zen place to get through the day. I suggest chocolate. :)

Thanx! I am crossing my fingers that I can get 'real job' work finished by around one and go home early...

Also... I have chocolate...but not enough... :(

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
...so I just suggested to an old friend that he 'pull some strings' for me at his old job... (he was a mgr at the local Wallyworld) wonder if it will happen lol...

Yes, I am random today... I may need a drink here in a bit...

I do have my first review on AZ...yes, it is from someone that knows me, and yes he says he knows me...will this hurt me??? not sure...at this point trying not to care lol..

*sigh*

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Happy release day, NIYRAK!

Just popping in before exams take over my life more than they already have... phew.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Blondie, you are going to start hallucinating or unable to cope if you go on like that! Ugh, I couldn't imagine a steady diet of that little sleep. I hesitate to say that I regularly get 8 hours, with the occasional 7 1/2 and I need it. :D

I'm so envious of anyone who is planning on/able to make writing a full-time job. Not that this hasn't taken tremendous work, planning and sometimes sacrifice on the part of those who do, but still envious. And hope we can all do it some day.
i just saw that i'll be signing both
SP paperbacks AND Fury hardcovers.
thank you, publisher. totally unexpected
and i truly appreciate this!

also, looks like a puglet contigent will
be gathering at suki's ARC signing on saturday
morning.
Funny, I was wondering why the ALA site only mentioned SP, especially since Fury was more current. Glad it's both! And yay for our purgie meetup!

(((Sammy))) Hope you feel less fatigued soon. Must be awful.

Clovia, I'm not giving out sympathy hugs yet on this! You sent a query. Let's be hopeful! :)

LRB, lots of appendages crossed for daughter's LSAT. Such an accomplishment already.

And wow, you, all those fulls out! Something has to come from that much activity. *vamp dust*

Ink, good luck with it all.

HAPPY RELEASE DAY, NIY!!
:partyguy: :TheWave::PartySmil

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Ironically, it's this:

Blondie, you are going to start hallucinating or unable to cope if you go on like that! Ugh, I couldn't imagine a steady diet of that little sleep. I hesitate to say that I regularly get 8 hours, with the occasional 7 1/2 and I need it. :D

That's going to allow this:

I'm so envious of anyone who is planning on/able to make writing a full-time job. Not that this hasn't taken tremendous work, planning and sometimes sacrifice on the part of those who do, but still envious. And hope we can all do it some day.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Or not working two full time jobs. :D

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Kimmi, that's a lot of fulls! Fingers crossed!

Happy release day, Niy!

I can get by on 5 hours of sleep for few weeks if I have to, but it does turn me into SuperBitch. Under 5 and I'm barely coherent. 6 is acceptable, but I need at least 7 to be a happy, well-adjusted sunna.

Aaagh. My toe is getting steadily more painful. Wish I'd put on hard-sole shoes this morning. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.