Israeli Election Results

Maxx

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not anti Israeli and I'm certainly not pro Iran, but I am pro truth and this is absolute horseshit. Right now Israel is the only power in the region that has a nuclear capability, never admitted, but everyone knows it.

Pakistan, which is right next to Iran, has nukes as does Russia, which is just on the other side of the Caspian Sea from Iran.

Last edited:

Maxx

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Don, in 1947 the UN gave the land to a group of people whom they thought deserved it. Did it screw the Arabs? Yup, but you can blame Balfour for that mess-up. Even before that, the various, disparate Arab elements were on the hunt for anyone Jewish in that area. They've been calling for Israel's destruction ever since. Don't like it? Deal.

It might be worth noting that Jewish groups had been setting up agricultural settlements in Palestine before the Balfour declaration and that there had been Jewish and Samaritan communities in the area (notably Safed) since the fall of the Neo-Babylonian Empire at least.
Moreover, when the UN voted for Partitioning Palestine, there were 600,000 Jews in the Yishuv and the British Empire had been trying to stop them from entering.
The regional war that followed the establishment of Israel on May 14, 1948 was an attack by Egypt, Jordan and Syria presumably as part of their policies as nation states, not the magical need of generalized Arabs to attack generalized Jews.