Status
Not open for further replies.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
mmmuffins and coffee, my morning weakness. *nom nom*

For such a dreary, rainy day, I'm in a strangely good mood. Must be the green blush of Spring appearing in the trees, finally!
:snoopy:
____:snoopy:
________:snoopy:

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
For such a dreary, rainy day, I'm in a strangely good mood. Must be the green blush of Spring appearing in the trees, finally!
:snoopy:
____:snoopy:
________:snoopy:

Good morning swachski....Any extra rain you don't want we'll take down here! Our farmers crops are up about six inches (cotton and grain) and we can sure use it now!!!:D

It's windy, dry and hot here!!!

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Does a "send rain to Texas" dance for Mikey* :snoopy:

I've been hearing about the awful wildfires down there, hope you're not too close to the flames!

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
*Does a "send rain to Texas" dance for Mikey* :snoopy:

I've been hearing about the awful wildfires down there, hope you're not too close to the flames!

No swachski were not too close, but there are burn bans in affect everywhere. I know this sounds backwoods to a lot of people but we still have many people that burn trash on the farms, ranches or people that live out in the country. Also most ranchers clear brush for cattle and pile it up in large stacks. Then when the brush dries out they burn it.

All of that is banned right now until we get some rain.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' Pub peeps!! Muffins!! Spiral, you've found my weakness!

Swachski--we had some thunder storms through the night and has carried over into this morning. So glad the girls are off of school.

Mike---we live right next door---why didn't you get any of this rain??

Kyra--feelin' okay today? Hope all is well! :D

Gurdyman

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
We live in an old house that has really porous chimney bricks. It has been raining so hard and for so long, the water rains in the chimneys and soaks through into the plaster walls. This has never happened before. It is amazing.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We live in an old house that has really porous chimney bricks. It has been raining so hard and for so long, the water rains in the chimneys and soaks through into the plaster walls. This has never happened before. It is amazing.

That can't be good. I wonder if you built a fire, would it dry the bricks and walls?

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Swachski--we had some thunder storms through the night and has carried over into this morning. So glad the girls are off of school.

Your kids get a day off because of thunderstorms? ;)

I was driving my 13 yr old son to school this morning, and the weather report was forecasting thunderstorms. I said, "Maybe there will be a power outage during school," and he perked up and said, "Cool!" Then I said, "Yeah, during 6th hour," and he slumped and said, "Meh." :ROFL:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: You sound like me!!! But no, they are off for the week -- ya know spring break and all. Different states take different weeks I guess. Some had the week before Easter... we get ours the week after. :D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, muffins! And look, still a few left!

It's going to rain w/ occasional thunderstorms all week here and we've already got minor flooding places. I wish I could trade a day's worth of downpour to you folks in the southwest for a nice day of sun.

Ah well. I'm still just deliriously happy with any day where it's not snowing. And my daffodils bloomed this morning, even in the rain (-:

-Suzanne

Underthelivingmoon

Closets are for clothes
Registered
Reaction score
Chai tea and a pumpkin muffin- yum :) *holds Steampunk Bible and looks for a comfy place to sit*

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Pull up a comfy chair, put your feet up, and make yourself at home (-:

-Suzanne

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning pubbers!!!!:hi:

Rise and shine!!!!

*sets down a plate full of pigs-in-the-blanket and fresh fruit kolaches*

Okay, I had to Google kolaches. Yum, don't mind if I do! :D

I'll hold off on the pigs until lunch. I'm a danish junky in the morning.

Glad to hear my :snoopy: (sort of) worked.

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
Kyra--feelin' okay today? Hope all is well! :D

It's better than well, it's fantastic. I just received a request for a full manuscript so I've got my fingers crossed and all my lucky charms laid out on my desk.

Good morning pubbers!!!!:hi:

Rise and shine!!!!

*sets down a plate full of pigs-in-the-blanket and fresh fruit kolaches*

Mmm, pigs-in-the-blanket, yum. *fixes a plate for herself and Flare."

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the breakfast Butterbean! (I had to Google them too!)

Kyra, congrats and good luck!!!

So this weekend, my husband and I were supposed to clean out our basement, and I was supposed to go through all of our boxes and either get rid of stuff or repack them. About four boxes in I found a bunch of jigsaw puzzles. This was bad for two reasons: 1)Guess what I spent the rest of the rest of the weekend doing? and 2) we've been doing renos all winter and only just got the dining room table back. (We've been eating in the living room, in front of the tv, which I hate doing) soooo, guess where the puzzle is?

Today is my first day alone since last Wednesday. I should be writing. for some reason though, every time I pass the table, I can't help but stop and work on it.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's better than well, it's fantastic. I just received a request for a full manuscript so I've got my fingers crossed and all my lucky charms laid out on my desk.

That is great news, KyraDune! We're rooting for ya. :hooray:

Spiral, that is too funny. I think distractions like jigsaw puzzles get a bum rap — they give our minds time to wander. That being said…get back to writing! :D

lndsymllr

Registered
Reaction score
So this weekend, my husband and I were supposed to clean out our basement, and I was supposed to go through all of our boxes and either get rid of stuff or repack them. About four boxes in I found a bunch of jigsaw puzzles. This was bad for two reasons: 1)Guess what I spent the rest of the rest of the weekend doing? and 2) we've been doing renos all winter and only just got the dining room table back. (We've been eating in the living room, in front of the tv, which I hate doing) soooo, guess where the puzzle is?

Today is my first day alone since last Wednesday. I should be writing. for some reason though, every time I pass the table, I can't help but stop and work on it.

I love working on jigsaw puzzles! Whenever I have one I am working on, I always try to fit a few pieces when I walk past the kitchen table lol.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, a moment to breath! (Takes two deep breathes.) Last couple of weeks have been CRAZY! Spring break in DC, home a few days, schoo trip to NY with my daughter, home a few days, Easter dinner at my house for 30 people, birthdays for two of my kids, Easter presents and baskets for kids and nieces and nephews and on top if it all, dealing with my husband's diagnosis with melanoma (Stage IA - 99% recovery rate - Thank you Lord!) and my own infertility issues (TMI - sorry, I'm an open book) which is weird after three kids. Whew! All right, I'm done. Sorry for the download, but could someone get me a drink. Bloody mary or Baileys and coffee. I'd even risk a mimosa despite our resident dragon's OJ policy!

Kolaches? I love those! I used to have an aunt (who hated me) who made them. It might have been the only thing I liked about her. She only made prune filled, which might sound weird, but they were yummy!

I have a Statue of Liberty shaped puzzle with the NY skyline I've been meaning to finish for years and a dragon shaped one still in the box. It was fun to do it with my kids, but we never have the time anymore.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Sending more positive vibes your way, jtrylch.

Things are spooky around here this morning. It's crazy windy outside, and the phone lines are down.

ETA: Figured out the phone thing. My husband plugged in a different phone yesterday and never switched them back.

Last edited:

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
Kyra, congrats and good luck!!!

That is great news, KyraDune! We're rooting for ya. :hooray:

Thanks.

Okay, a moment to breath! (Takes two deep breathes.) Last couple of weeks have been CRAZY! Spring break in DC, home a few days, schoo trip to NY with my daughter, home a few days, Easter dinner at my house for 30 people, birthdays for two of my kids, Easter presents and baskets for kids and nieces and nephews and on top if it all, dealing with my husband's diagnosis with melanoma (Stage IA - 99% recovery rate - Thank you Lord!) and my own infertility issues (TMI - sorry, I'm an open book) which is weird after three kids. Whew! All right, I'm done.

Dang, girl, you've had a rough couple of weeks. Hope everything turns out okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.