Status
Not open for further replies.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the Deadpool reference. I sometimes forget that not everyone is a fan of comics. Deadpool is

I think the key is going to be knowing when to tone it down. I think I'll write it with all the extra spunk and snark and then tone it back in editing where necessary.

The majority of the story will be a reflection on what happened that got her to where she is. While you will know that she's nutty from the beginning, the story will show that her actions weren't always like that.

Here's a little taste of one of his breaks.
deadpool-yellow-boxes.jpg
Two things, Ashley. First, thank you for telling us about Deadpool. I'd never heard of it so I started looking, found a really great website by this guy, Digital Geek or something. He had a great post about the character and all. I ended up reading through that guy's blog for. . .

Too long. eek.

But it was fun, so thank you.

Second thing, relative to your own work. I agree with folks who are telling you to go for it. Let it flow; like you say, you can always tone it down later on. At this stage of the game, I'd chose creativity over self-editing. See what you come up with and go from there. Nothing is out of bounds if it's done well.

:)

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Let it flow; like you say, you can always tone it down later on. At this stage of the game, I'd chose creativity over self-editing. See what you come up with and go from there. Nothing is out of bounds if it's done well.

:)

I second this! And because I just can't resist....

Let it floooowwwww
Let it floooowwwwwwww~

RedWombat

Runs With Scissors
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ursulavernon.com
Personally, I much prefer a certain self-awareness to the occasional weird lampshading I run across, where a character will say "And if this were a novel, then X would happen, but it didn't because this is real life." because it IS a novel, obviously, and it throws me right out of my suspension of disbelief.

It's rare, but I've yet to see it done well. But a narrator aware they're telling a story has never bothered me.

Locke

Lost the instruction manual
Registered
Reaction score
It's rare, but I've yet to see it done well. But a narrator aware they're telling a story has never bothered me.

Redshirts by Scalzi, if you're into SF. It doesn't quite take it to that level, but it's there, and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.