Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
Ding! That was the sound of us reaching our quota of gendered slurs for the day. Let's not be hating on the ladies. :)

Fine. Ron's an annoying, stupid pig. never mind the others.

comped

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Fine. Ron's an annoying, stupid pig. never mind the others.

I love the books, but different tastes for different folks. Though if you can read Harry's sacrifice in The Deathly Hallows without crying, you have a hard heart. :tongue All together now: "We are... so proud of you." ♥

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG PARA, my heart just... I'm so proud of our little boy in the cupboard. :')

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Lol I definitely have a hard heart then.

Hello all. *huggles* I've missed the internetz. Been busy with work and going to my bf's college graduation.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Fleur is a very awesomeful lady. Strong and opinionated and feminine at the same time. My favorite type. I think she deserves way more credit than she gets... and her own series.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Hey HR! Are you done with your freshman year?

Tally - totally agree about Fleur. She was a lot of fun when she was snotty, and her character development with Harry and then Bill was great.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I've written 4k today, and I'm still going. I cannot put into words how proud I am of myself. I've never gotten this far into something and not get bored.

6.7k right now...

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
Margo! :hi:

Rep for you, HR. :)

Also, I'm with Tally. Fleur grew on me in the later books.

ETA: Whoot, Taylor! :D

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
-meep-

Am I the only one who remembers when mugglenet wasn't too strange, and HPL still updated?

(side note: I was the first one to post the spoillers for books 4-7 on mugglenet- through an inside source)

comped

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I never viewed Fleur as snotty. She's a character who walks into Hogwarts knowing that because she's a pretty face, no one will care about anything that comes out of her mouth, because they'll either just drool over her appearance or assume she's shallow and vain because she's feminine. So she sets out to prove her strength and capability by competing in the Triwizard Tournament. And maybe she does come in last, but the fact that she was the most capable student in Beauxbatons stands for a lot, as does the fact that she was up against Crouch's plots.

Through that novel alone, Fleur shows an ability for deep love to her family members, a legitimate interest in education (and in different styles of education; when she tries to have a serious conversation about the strengths and weaknesses of different systems, however, she gets pushed down because people assume she's being snotty), and fierce loyalty to those she loves.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Elu!!!!! How're you doing? Are you almost done with college?

ETA: I thought Fleur acted pretty snotty to Ron and the guy that she uses as a date when Cedric turns her down for the ball, and to Harry at first when she views him as just some kid.

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
When her next book flops- JKR will write a series about the kids, either that or the 20 years between the last chapter and the epi.

comped

Elusive

Registered
Reaction score
Elu!!!!! How're you doing? Are you almost done with college?

I'm great! :D Only halfway through college, unfortunately. Another two years to go. :/ I'm hunting frantically for work atm. Must find some way to PAY for these two remaining years of college. :tongue Yay for the student job market in a recession!

What are you up to these days? Are you enjoying work? Writing lots?

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I have to say I never really paid attention to Fleur when I was reading.

Elusive

Registered
Reaction score
When her next book flops- JKR will write a series about the kids, either that or the 20 years between the last chapter and the epi.

comped

I have the utmost respect for her for having the guts to publish another book -- especially one that sounds so starkly different than HP -- when so many people have such high (and probably unmeetable) hopes and expectations.