Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea.It's gone extremely quiet all of a sudden. And I'm getting sleepy :/
Reading everyone else's pieces is making me insecure -.-

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
dont feel insecure, i really loved yours!

Which book is this from anyway? What happened to the Unlucky Vampire?

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still doing the vampire story, but this new one... it hasn't got a name yet... but it's coming along smoothly. I'm doing a bit of both so I don't freeze my brain on one subject and come to a halt. lol

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh ok cool!

I hope you didnt find my email mean, i didnt want it to be. I really do LOVE the story, and i'd love to help you during your revisions, if you need someone to read over them when your done!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh ok cool!

I hope you didnt find my email mean, i didnt want it to be. I really do LOVE the story, and i'd love to help you during your revisions, if you need someone to read over them when your done!

Oh no, don't worry. I wasn't offended, if anything I found it really helpful. I started correcting immediately, but it takes a lot of energy from me :/ So i take a lot of breaks. haha.

Ugh, I'm hopelessly looking for ways of getting an Internship, or something volunteer-like in the writing craft. Isn't easy! In fact, it's near impossible.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh ok good! Yeah i hate revisions and editing too!

For my first book i wrote it when i was 12-15 and when i went back over it and read it at 17 i was horrified how horrible it was, nothing made sense, the story plot went everywhere, there was all this useless info. God it was HORRIBLE.

So instead of fix it... I re-wrote the whole thing... twice.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys. :)

Hampton Court was awesome. Now for YouTube and Music Monday post.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys. :)

Hampton Court was awesome. Now for YouTube and Music Monday post.

Don't suppose you'd have any idea how to get a job in writing? Right now I don't care what it involves or what kind it is, just something that I can do and learn at the same time!
The job centre is useless.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Don't suppose you'd have any idea how to get a job in writing? Right now I don't care what it involves or what kind it is, just something that I can do and learn at the same time!
The job centre is useless.

Can you be more specific? Writing as in magazine/newspaper articles or short stories? Writing as in publishing?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well i dont know if anyone is playing but i'm going to post one last time before i go home, I'll rep you all later tonight if your posts are still up!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry. I was looking for something in writing or editing. Doesn't matter what. But since I live too far out of London, it's a bit awkward. Although I've seen this advert for theatre reviewers in Essex. Although it doesn't pay, I love theatre and writing... So it's worth a shot, eh?

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Now that I can get a job with a job permit, I have to find one. 0.o
I don't want a job. Blah. I need to start saving money for college, though.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
One of the first things I have to do when I get to college is start looking for a job. *sighs* The trouble with most of the off-campus jobs is they either want me to work hours that are during my classes or work holidays when I'll be home.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry. I was looking for something in writing or editing. Doesn't matter what. But since I live too far out of London, it's a bit awkward. Although I've seen this advert for theatre reviewers in Essex. Although it doesn't pay, I love theatre and writing... So it's worth a shot, eh?

Good places to find editing jobs are the Bookseller, the Society of Young Publishers, and the careers pages of various publishers. Unpaid work experience and unpaid internships are usually necessary to get a paid job. Alternatively, you can train to become a freelance editor at the Publishing Training Centre. There are also masters degrees in publishing available at places like Plymouth, Anglia Ruskin, Oxford Brookes, University College London, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.