Status
Not open for further replies.

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
I have 4 children: 2 boys and 2 girls. I didn't have any morning sickness at all with my boys, but I was sick as a dog for the whole 9 months with both of my girls.

Here's something weird, too--I didn't really have weird food cravings with any of them. But with my 4th child (Natalie), I craved the smell of Pine Sol. I don't even use Pine Sol in my home, usually. I would fill all the sinks, and all the bathtubs in the house with Pine Sol, and the house just reeked of it for months. I even carried a cotton ball, soaked in Pine Sol, in my purse so I could smell it when I was away from home. Yes, I know it's weird. My friends laughed at me. My hubby and other kids won't allow the use of Pine Sol in the house anymore.

Also with my 4th child, I'd get up in the middle of the night and eat whole coffee beans, right out of the bag. Only 4 or 5 in a night, but what the hell? I didn't like coffee at the time, either! It grosses me out to think of chomping down on a coffee bean now, but it was soooooo good to me at the time...Frickin' weird.

moblues

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats to you and Anthony. Way to go, Jenna!:Sun:

Mike

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow Jenna. I just got back from two week vacation (hubby and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary) and I read your wonderful good news! Congratulations to you and Anthony. I am delighted for you both. My sister and her hubby just visited us awhile ago with their new son. Even though we have an eighteen year old, fifteen year old and six year old ourselves and have been blessed with three wonderful, life-changing experiences, my husband and I are forever and insanely crazy about babies (guess we'll do great as grandparents some day - operative word being "some day" lol)! Having a child is indeed the best experience ever! Enjoy Jenna, take good care... and the very best to your soon-to-be brand new family. :)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
JennaGlatzer said:
I'm due on May 10th-ish. I'm gonna get one of those ticker things to put in my sig line. :)

Umm, Jenna, I know the excitement makes you fuzzy and all that, but I thought the numbers looked a little funny there, and in order for you to be due May 10, the date of your last period would have to be August 3, 2006 according to the WebMD calculator.

I'm thinking it's that other M-month, March? Anywho, the pregnancy hormones make you feel stupid. It felt like all the important valves in my brain were shut off, and decent thoughts couldn't flow through.

I craved hot wings and fruit (I ate fruit the whole pregnancy) my whole first trimester, and if I was feeling queasy, I loved scrambled eggs with cheese. I also went through a Taco Bell/spicy period too. Of course, it was nothing for me to cook a half bag of frozen vegetables, add butter, salt and pepper, and eat. And for some unknown reason, all I wanted was a lemon-scented candle to burn in the house. I never did find one.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! I am so glad for you.

I wish I could join you, but we're not there yet. We want to be married for a little while first, enjoy each other. We also want to be on more stable financial feet. We're almost there. :) Hubby I think will be hyper worried when it does happen. He'll always be checking on me, asking if I'm okay. I'm sure I'll enjoy that.

Yay for Jenna and all you other expectants. :):):):)

March is a good month. I was born on March 30. :)

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Also coming in late to chime in with my congratulations! Darn, I missed joining an AW pregnancy club by a few months. Today is the 6-month birthday of my baby boy. I still can't believe it's been 6 months already! Husband and I definitely want more, but we REALLY hope it doesn't happen any time soon. =) We were really blessed in that we got pregnant 2 weeks after we started trying but now I'm paranoid about having two babies in diapers like my mother did when I was 14. Talk about a crazy time for a teenager!

I never had morning sickness, though I got a tiny bit queasy in the first trimester, though fortunately very rarely. I was VERY tired the entire time, though, especially in the first and third trimesters. And my feet and calves swelled up so bad I had to go on bed rest 3 weeks before I had Zack. But he was indeed worth it all, even the C-section I had to have unexpectedly because he turned around breech at the very last minute! Turns out he had the cord wrapped around his neck three times so we would have had to have the C-section anyway and it was much healthier the way it happened as opposed to an emergency section.

I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy. (And sorry to blather on, but you know how we new mothers can be! =)

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Birol said:
Anne is that your birthdate or your due date????

Ack! That's my birthdate. I don't think my 28 year-old-daughter would be too amused if I was pregnant. Though she might be; the girl has a weird sense of humor. I have NO idea where she got that. :ROFL:

Last edited:

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
Congratulations Jenna! I'm really really happy for you! When I saw your signature with the ticker I was just delighted.

I'm due around mid December with #2 - does that count?

I've had morning sickness with both - it's just starting to subside now. My mother never had morning sickness - so much for heredity!

Ummmm...I craved beef with the first, but with the second I have a strong aversion to meat of any type, completely lost the taste for it, so I've been a vegetarian for the last couple of months. I also can't drink coffee now, whereas before I would drink at least 2 cups a day. I drank coffee with the first, but just 2 cups, and I ate chocolate as well, no harm done, Grace came out beautiful and healthy. I've also been eating chocolate with the 2nd and I don't plan to stop now.

Labour was 5 hours for Grace, nice and fast. Hopefully I'll be just as lucky the second time around.

**************Warning: Unsolicited Advice*******************

One thing I learnt while reading pregnancy books and stuff on the internet is that EVERYTHING seems to be bad for you or is something to be avoided, but you've got to live too, so a little chocolate now and then isn't going to do any harm.

Last edited:

brainstrains

4-8-8-4
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Jenna!!!!!! That's soooo great!!

I guess I'm part of the AW pregnancy club too-- I'm due September 25. It (so far) has been the longest 7 months of my life. I guess I'm not one of those girls who glows and relishes in it....plus I've had every pregnancy symptom you can think of! But I hear it's all worth it in the end (unless that's just one of those big lies parents tell us to sucker us in!).

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
brainstrains said:
It (so far) has been the longest 7 months of my life. I guess I'm not one of those girls who glows and relishes in it....plus I've had every pregnancy symptom you can think of! But I hear it's all worth it in the end (unless that's just one of those big lies parents tell us to sucker us in!).
LOL. I hear ya, brain. I'm not one of those girls either. I haven't had every symptom, but I did have morning sickness, developed a weird pregnancy allergy that made my throat close (berries, who'da thunk it?), and have had the normal swelling/tingling in my hands and feet for the last month or so.

I am so happy that the end is in sight. I'm sure it's all worth it, but I'll let you know next week. I'll be thinking of you during those hot August days. Try to stay cool and keep your feet up if at all possible.

deacon

You can do it!!!!

babydance8hu.gif

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
EXCELLENT NEWS!! :D

I am very happy for you Jenna!

Sincerely,
psy7ven

Status