Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Tri,
Also go to www.pma-online.org. They are the Publishers Marketing Association, and their membership is pretty big. The publishers in PMA are usually a little bigger (although not always) than in SPAWN (which stands for "self publishers and writers network).
The PMA site has a list of publisher members and how many books they do a year (I think).
Lauri

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Hey Lauri, Tri et al -

Thanks for the PMA link! I was just reading my SPAWN newsletter, and just wanted to chime in that in the newsletter, they say the acronym stands for Small Publisher, not self-published. Lauri - do you know, does the organization tend to cater to self-published folks anyway? I just get the newsletter and see Patricia Fry's name in a lot of places. Otherwise, I don't know much about them. Their website's front page also says Small Publisher, Artists and Writers Network.

Endow us with real world experience and wisdom, Nomad!:)

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
mommie4a said:
Hey Lauri, Tri et al -

Thanks for the PMA link! I was just reading my SPAWN newsletter, and just wanted to chime in that in the newsletter, they say the acronym stands for Small Publisher, not self-published. Lauri - do you know, does the organization tend to cater to self-published folks anyway? I just get the newsletter and see Patricia Fry's name in a lot of places. Otherwise, I don't know much about them. Their website's front page also says Small Publisher, Artists and Writers Network.

Endow us with real world experience and wisdom, Nomad!:)

Sorry, sorry--I goofed on the acronym--you're right. We used to subscribe to the newsletter, and most of the content seemed focused on one- or two-book publishers. We haven't belonged in awhile, though. I think they are a good resource, regardless.

So much for real world wisdom. . .

SueLymer97

Whiskey Creek Press

This publisher wanted my book and even sent me a contract. After months of speaking with them, they up and decided to pull the contract for no reason. Also, they have new owners. I would suggest caution with this publisher.

kaliannah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaliannah.com
SueLymer97 said:
This publisher wanted my book and even sent me a contract. After months of speaking with them, they up and decided to pull the contract for no reason. Also, they have new owners. I would suggest caution with this publisher.

Belated thanks SueLymer for the info. It's good to know how publishers treat their authors.

Status
Not open for further replies.