Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
uhh I think I've got a bad back ...

Pansy.

*eyes pipes in men's room*

Are these copper?

Oh, you poor, delusional soul.

Also, we just replaced all the furniture. I had to go out all by myself and buy it with Jay's own credit card. You are in so much trouble when she gets back here... :tongue

All right, all right. I guess I have magic thigh holsters full of liquor anyway.

*unloads liquor from van and stacks it behind the gaping hole where the bar used to be.*

There. She'll never notice a thing. She might even like it this way. It's...airier. And it looks bigger, doesn't it?

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm thinking Haggis and Reg are in a stand-off, each refusing to post lest they tip over the 30K mark and catapult the Cabaret into nuclear war. Gilroy is nursing his toothache. KLM is working on her story for the conference. Cella got lost somewhere looking for her avie. Cray is scared I'll force him to keep his engagement. Angie's out grazing somewhere on the savannah. SR is in England, where they don't have internet yet. Kelly overdid the playpen and electrocuted herself. QW is QW. We ate Del quite a while ago. Bettielee is fingerpainting. Nina's working on some kick-ass schmoo material, just in case Haggis and Reg come back and post. And Jaycinth finally became a full-fledged creature of the night and can't look at the sun anymore.

...And Rolling Thunder, who, after a fit of PD-induced confusion, had lapsed into a comma and been buried alive in a pet sematary, clawed his way out of the grave and made his way back to the Cabaret -- just in time to see the last bottle of liquor loaded onto the van.

Okay, just post like this every about every four hours and I'll never read back pages again.

Just what the hell is going on in here?? Where is the bar? WHERE IS THE BOOZE? I am going to close my eyes and count to three, and then if everything is not right back where it belongs, I'm calling Jaycinth to come and deal with the lot of you. You do NOT want to see what happens when a booze-fueled fairy finds all her booze has been stolen. :guns:

It's okay, Angie. She's just hiding stuff for the scotch and egg hunt.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
It's okay, Angie. She's just hiding stuff for the scotch and egg hunt.

Yeah... that's it....

And look how much happier the yak is now that he has more room to wander around.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Mel's going to take care of the Yak when he finishes marinating that last box of chicken lungs ... at least the new girl missed those.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Mel's going to take care of the Yak when he finishes marinating that last box of chicken lungs ... at least the new girl missed those.

He should leave the chicken lungs for Haggis and me -- we ARE from Buffalo, you know.

Hey, do I still qualify as a "new" girl? I know I've only been here a coupla weeks, but I've been married and divorced from Haggis, borne him a brood of demon spawn, gotten engaged to Cray, been shmooed three times, collected almost 1200 rep points, and have founced at least a dozen times. I've installed an electrified barbed wire play pen, eaten Del, stolen everything in the place (including stuff that was nailed down), generously shared the contents of my magical thigh holsters, made some appalling jokes, stabbed PD with an ice pick, out-posted Gil within a week of getting here, and critted the work of at least three Cabaret members.

I mean, when do I belong?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Oh. My. Dawg. Pd was totally right. Haggis just posted a few minutes ago, and yet his post count remains at 29,999. So. Lame.

Reg, if you're lurking around in stealth mode, you should totally shmoo him for that.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually have a day job, so of course people outpost me...

I just scared I'm approaching 1k too quickly. :ROFL:

I have a day job too. The trick is to find something that allows you to work at home, so you can pop in and post random crap and you don't have boss type looking over your shoulder. Then again, I've yet to roll my odometer.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
*now selling chances to roll Kay's odometer...*

:D

*inquire discretely*

I'm all for it if it'll get some people back in this damn place.

Hey, last time the guys ran out on the thread, a few of us girls all started talking about groping each other. Haggis was back in 3 minutes, and Cray in five. Wanna try it?

*caresses Kelly's hair*

Huh. Is that a wig?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Hey, sorry to post twice in a row, but can I ask you more experienced AW types an AW etiquette question? Is it considered bad form to private message a particular person/people and ask them to crit your stuff in SYW? What if you've critted their work (and they've incorporated some of your feedback)? What if you've never had that opportunity, and just think they're awesome critiquers?

I feel really shy about asking anyone -- everyone's busy, and critiquing is hard work -- but I've admired the writing and/or critique style of a couple of people on the AW board, and would especially love to have them get their claws into mine. Would I, like, get myself banned? Would I look like a newbie pest?

My inclination is to think that if they were interested in/had time to give a crit of my work, they'd do it. But then again....

edited to add:

oops, guess it's no longer twice in a row. the cabbie's been so slow today, I just assumed it would be!

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, sorry to post twice in a row, but can I ask you more experienced AW types an AW etiquette question? Is it considered bad form to private message a particular person/people and ask them to crit your stuff in SYW? What if you've critted their work (and they've incorporated some of your feedback)? What if you've never had that opportunity, and just think they're awesome critiquers?

I feel really shy about asking anyone -- everyone's busy, and critiquing is hard work -- but I've admired the writing and/or critique style of a couple of people on the AW board, and would especially love to have them get their claws into mine. Would I, like, get myself banned? Would I look like a newbie pest?

My inclination is to think that if they were interested in/had time to give a crit of my work, they'd do it. But then again....

edited to add:

oops, guess it's no longer twice in a row. the cabbie's been so slow today, I just assumed it would be!
You could always ask, Cass. The worst they'll say is a polite no, hopefully. I don't see how you'd be a pest if you only asked then once.

Most people here are pretty cool about stuff. :)

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Is it considered bad form to private message a particular person/people and ask them to crit your stuff in SYW?
I feel really shy about asking anyone -- everyone's busy, and critiquing is hard work --
The better you know them the less the imposition. a polite "NO" is the worst anyone would get from me. I have asked for reads of short segments in the past, got excellent response and no backlash in the past,

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. Maybe I'll stick to asking the people I've done detailed critiques for. There are a few people up in query hell who incorporated a bunch of my suggestions. Some of them write extremely well -- and in my genre, too! -- and I wouldn't mind asking them to crit me back.

Like, that Rolling Thunder dude, for instance... :D I totally loved his MG query and first chapter! Read 'em if you haven't -- they rock! Only he don't come 'round these parts much lately. And he doesn't seem to accept private messages. And he might be holding a grudge after I teased him about his little fleshy thing... He cried and founced and stuff.

*swills some Laphroaig, and wonders how she got so mean*

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You mean the new girl hasn't ALWAYS been mean?

Believe it or not, someone up in QLH was mulling over whether to nickname me "spoonful of sugar" or "little nurse" because I leavened all of my criticism with pleasantries. And I was afraid at first that RT (whom I met in SYW) would think I was, ya know, sweet, since I lavished so many compliments on his stuff along with my critiques. Do you know, to this date, he's never ONCE sent me an obscene reppie?! I mean, WTF?

OK, cabbies. I'm meeting friends for drinks, and then I'se gots me a date. So I'm outta here, probably until tomorrow. Unless the date sucks, of course, in which case I'll be back here, drinking scotch.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
IMHO the new girl fits in here just fine.
So lay off her, Porter. (Unless she says it's okay.)

I'll be spending most of tomorrow in SYW so I'll take a look for you, Cassie.*

*Working up some good karma before I post some of my carp. :D

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
ambrose-1.jpg

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You know how you know when you might have a Comedy Cabaret "problem"?

It's when you sit there during a date wondering what your friends in the Cabaret are doing. And you know how you know you have a date "problem?" It's when you make a flimsy excuse to come home really early from your date, log onto your computer, and are immediately more interested in what you see in the Cabaret than you were in anything that happened between 8 pm and 10:45, when you acquired a "headache." (6:30 -8:00 pm was good, 'cause I was enjoying some cabernet with friends. Shoulda stuck with that. But anyway.)

Damn you all for being way more amusing than my date. Don't ever bore me. I really hate being bored. And don't drink lite beer, either. Stick with root beer if you're going that way. I can forgive you the root beer. I drink root beer now and again myself. But if you drink lite beer, I'm gonna get ugly.

Haggis, I do not think you could have chosen anything better for your 30K post. I would say I've learned so much more about you by reading your words when you were in 7th grade, except that it's pretty much exactly what I thought you would have been like in 7th grade. But I love you for it. I particularly love that you named the cat after gutting and skinning it, and cleaning the bones in hydrogen peroxide.

If we had not already had a bitter virtual divorce, and if you were not already married or co-habitating or whatever it is you're doing, and you weren't living in Michigan or some such outlandish place, and if we'd ever actually met in person, I would ask you to marry me based purely on that article.

Hell, I'll marry you all. Just name the day. I'll check my calendar and we'll work something out.

And yes, I've had something to drink this evening, and am currently sipping some Laphroaig. If you want to make something out of it, you've got about an hour before I either pass out or Jaycinth comes to kill me for gutting the Cabaret.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.