• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sam's Dot Publishing / White Cat Publications

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Just posted on the White Cat Facebook page

After having been out ill for the last few months, I'll be taking the time to see what I can sort out, but for now all magazines are closed til April 1, 2014 with the exception of Insatiable. I'll communicate with everyone I can over the next two weeks. As you might imagine, I have some rather large debts to catch up. I'm sorry for the problems this has caused everyone, but I have things that must be taken care of, but with luck and good fortune the magazines will back again next spring. Meantime our sole focus will be on honoring our book publishing contracts. Lots of emails to catch up but I can be reached at [email protected]

Morgansmom

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck getting their contracts back from White Cat? I have sent a email but no response.

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I left them a Facebook message two weeks ago - no reply.

I've sent an email today.

Mine is about the AIRSHIPS AND AUTOMATONS anthology - supposedly pro rate payment but I've heard nothing since my acceptance over 18 months ago now apart from vague promises that it was still going ahead.

I've also, supposedly, got a story in NIGHTFALL magazine coming, but I'm not holding my breath

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Pulled my stories from 'Airships and Automatons' and 'Nightfall' after getting no reply from the publisher either on Facebook or through email.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't worked there since summer... still have authors coming to me for answers. Makes me sad.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, black cat. First, this is not the place to share your work. We have a whole forum for that: Share Your Work (password: vista) Second, you won't be able to post your own stuff until you get 50 posts, so until then you are HIGHLY encouraged to read through the stickies at the top of the forum as well as crit others to get an idea of how it works. Good luck.

Last edited:

AndreaDrea

Registered
Reaction score
any 2020 updates on White Cat Publishing? I had a request for my full manuscript through them. I couldn't find any information on the company other than they do have books on amazon and BN... and publish in my genre. they seem pretty nice... but it did take a long time for them to reply to my initial inquiry. I queried back in October and didn't hear until now. (I honestly forgot I queried because I backburnered sending queries while dealing with personal issues. I had planned on starting again since I have nothing better to do during this coronavirus... and that's when I got the email.)

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
Is this the place?

http://www.whitecatpublications.com/

If so, those covers are HORRIBLE and should be reason enough to avoid. If the covers look like this I can imagine the quality of the rest of the books. I can't see anything they can do for you. My advice, if you are looking for a pub then get the best you can. Don't make a mistake and sign with the first "publisher" who is nice to you. Trust me, you might end up regretting it.

Also, it's not a good thing when the books showcased on the first page were published 3 or 4 years ago.

AndreaDrea

Registered
Reaction score
That is kind of the feeling I got, but I wondered if anyone worked with them since all the posts from 2013. Just checking to see if they built their reputation. I honestly wasn't too hip on it when it took 5 months to respond and say that they're interested. I forgot I even sent a query to them to be honest. So I think I'm going to hard pass. I'll just look into other publishers of my genre... there are so few, and sadly I think the Coronavirus crap is going to make them even fewer as everyone starts to shut down shop through all this stuff.