• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Liza Dawson Associates

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is a no-from-one-means-no-from-all agency? Caitlin Blasdell gave me a nice rejection for my full, and was wondering if I should try with another agent at the agency.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for Liza Dawson to get back to you on a full? I found one site that said around 6 weeks, but I know the standard is 2-4 months. It's been two months for mine so far, still too soon to send a check-in email? I guess no news is good news ... but I'm also way too impatient for the time it takes for all this.

FWIW, and IIRC, Caitlin asked for an exclusive on my full, and replied in 19 days.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I matched her wishlist perfectly. The manuscript is fantastic, it probably had to do with me being male.
Probably.

She's my agent, as well as representing Harry Connally (HConn on AW), Greg Van Eekout, and Charlie Stross.

I know her pretty well. She has a keen editorial eye and doesn't have much interest in either poor writing or stuff she can't possibly sell.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a no from one is a no from all when querying this agency? I couldn't decide between Caitlin and Judith and while I ultimately went with Caitlin, if she rejects me I'd like to try Judith also.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a no from one is a no from all when querying this agency? I couldn't decide between Caitlin and Judith and while I ultimately went with Caitlin, if she rejects me I'd like to try Judith also.

I believe I saw on Query Tracker that someone fairly recently received an R from Caitlin, then queried Liza Dawson and got a request. Good luck with your Q.

c.e.

madrynea

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thalanien.com
I'm pretty sure I read explicitly that it's okay to query other agents at their agency if you're rejected by one.

I queried Caitlin in early December and got a request for a partial which I've sent. Fun! :) I'm new enough to the query process to be loving this!

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
I might be ten days late, but I thought I'd congratulate some of you guys on your partials and exclusives! That's quite an accomplishment.

Keep on writin'. :D

penguin girl

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Hannah in early November, and received a rejection in mid-December.

Guinea

Registered
Reaction score
I had a request for a partial from Anna today, 7 hours after I'd sent the query. So excited right now!

sbz314

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Caitlin on April 14. She passed on the 24th, saying it "wasn't for her."

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I queried Caitlin early last month, was asked for a partial, which I'm waiting on now.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Caitlin on 11/9 and got a request for a partial on 11/12! Literally going BEZERK with excitement and nervous energy because she is my first choice agent.

She represents so many great kids fantasy authors!

I have refreshed my inbox on my phone about every 7 minutes since I sent off the partial. I wish I was kidding.

Last edited:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
EQ 10/4/14 to Hannah Bowman
YA Post-Apocalyptic
Form R on 10/8/14

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
*bump*

Queried Liza Dawson 2/17, got a request for a partial 2/19.
ehh, I know better than to get excited been down this road many times.

mrgilbert2010

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Liza Dawson about my novel. One day after I sent my query (I didn't have a referral), she wrote to ask for the first 50 pages. The next day, she asked for the full.

Eight days later, she sent me a rejection, but with nice comments about the manuscript. She liked it, but not enough to take it on. I was impressed by how fast, polite, and professional she was. She seems nice. Too bad it was a pass.

JohnstonMR

I have always been here.
Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Hannah Bowman 10/18/2015; got a request for 50 pages on 12/9/2015. Patiently waiting for rejection further word.