Bookfessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My bookfession? I base all my purse buying decisions on book holding specifications.

Well, of course. It's important to know if a purse can only accomodate mmpb or if it's the right size for trade. All of my purse purchases must be the correct size to accomodate my Kindle.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Bookfessions:

I get extremely angry with people who proudly confess that they don't read. Barn raised moo cows! Anti-literacy trollops! HEIFERS.
*shakes fist*

I cannot control myself when I get near a bookstore. I MUST buy a book.

I am a snob. I have zero interest in a Kindle. Old school,book in hand,and the smell of fresh pages cannot be beat.

Technophobe

Registered
Reaction score
My bookfession? When I was a kid, I used to read under the sheets with a flashlight, too :) .

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
I went through a phase where I idolized Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) and walked everywhere with a book in front of my nose.

Being able to do this without falling down stairs or creating a blood feud with the cat is still a good skill to have at times. :D

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Megan, thank you for posting this. This site made me very, very happy. I keep going back to read more. :D

I got so excited, I even submitted a Bookfession (and thanked the blogger for creating this, because it's awesome). Mine's up there now, #354:

As a child, I would get in trouble for sitting quietly in the house with a book while the other kids were outside playing. So I'd take my book outside, climb a tree and sit there to read instead.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Bookfession:

Am I the only one that carried a book to lunch and read the book while it was sitting in my lap?

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Bookfession:

Am I the only one that carried a book to lunch and read the book while it was sitting in my lap?

Nope. :D

By second or third grade, I had perfected the "You will have to pry this book from my cold, dead hands" glare...

Reaction score
I've had people ask me how I can walk along the street without bumping into stuff because I read everywhere I go.

I haz mad bookworm skillz, yo.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
My bookfession? When I was a kid, I used to read under the sheets with a flashlight, too :) .

My bookfession: I let my kids read to obscene hours of the night, even on school nights, because I'm delighted that they share my love of reading. No flashlights for them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.