New!

blacknexus

Registered
Reaction score
hello, all! 21 year-old aspiring writer here, just looking to get back to what I love to do. I've spent much of my time writing fantasy, sci-fi, and poetry, but my writing in essence dabbles on into any genre I put my mind to. I have written two books, one self published and well...one not so self published. unfortunately, the latter of the two (for multiple reasons), nearly killed my lust to write, and kept me from doing anything significant for nearly a year now. in essence, it made me give up for a bit. but...I've been feeling like getting back into it recently. so, here I am, back up and ready to try again. :D

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
MSN-Emoticon-hello-049.gif

Welcome to AW, a happy place.

Bayou Bill :cool:

Aristocrazy

The Paperclip 2 your MS Word
Registered
Reaction score
hey black! welcome and happy birthday!

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, blacknexus! Good luck with plunging back into writing. See you 'round the boards.

Proach

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deannasworks.synthasite.com
Welcome to the cooler, blacknexus. Congrats on getting your first book self-published. That is a tough feet to accomplish and I wish you all the best in selling your book. Sometimes even good writers write stuff that is not so good. It just happens. You just have to take what you learned from that experience and improve on your weaknesses or where you failed. Best wishes.

Check out my personal website at www.deannasworks.synthasite.com
http://weuropeanhistory.suite101.com
http://medievalhistory.suite101.com

blacknexus

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler, blacknexus. Congrats on getting your first book self-published. That is a tough feet to accomplish and I wish you all the best in selling your book. Sometimes even good writers write stuff that is not so good. It just happens. You just have to take what you learned from that experience and improve on your weaknesses or where you failed. Best wishes.

Check out my personal website at www.deannasworks.synthasite.com
http://weuropeanhistory.suite101.com
http://medievalhistory.suite101.com

thanks proach. yeah, self publishing is tough...especially the promotional aspect. and your right: not everything written is good or orginal. I think one of the reasons I stopped in the first place was becouse I just hadn't come to grips with that. I've learned my lesson, of course. better to write what I feel then to not write at all. lol

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

*Pudge*

Getting on with it, slooowly
Registered
Reaction score

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to AW! :)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. Also check out Cathy_C's thread, which is also stickied at the top of the Newbie forum, Next on our tour, if you'll look to the left, you'll notice... to find out about the various buttons and icons, and also about rep points, how to PM (private message) members, custom avatars and a whole host of other useful stuff,

If you have any problems you can PM (private message) me and I'll see if I can help, or you can post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread at the top of the newbie forum.

For some fun, we have the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread. Pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And so much fun.

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies? :D

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, blacknexus! Glad to see you're getting back in the saddle.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Welcome to AW, BlackNexus, This site is a great place to polish your work and learn more about writing and publishing. Around each corner and down every hall is something new to discover in this place. Explore and learn and soon you should be cranking out more words. Hope to see you posting soon. Enjoy!

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. I'm sure being here will inspire you to write again :D

XX