How's the water? Should I jump in?

Dutch Hill Girl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writing.com
Hello everyone,

I'm new on this site, still trying to figure out how everything works. I figured I'd just jump in and see how it goes!

I'm in the process of submitting my first manuscript, a middle grade novel. I posted some of my stories on writing.com, but I would love to find ways to earn an extra income by writing. I write mainly for children - short stories, chapter books, middle grade novels. I have a lot of "work in progress" but nothing published yet. My three children are a source of inspiration for several of my characters.

As a new writer, I need all the advice I can get. I'm looking for networking opportunities and friendship with other writers. I believe this site can help me. I'm glad I found out about it!

Looking forward to meet other writers!

Dutch Hill Girl

ragefaith

Wants to be Yami when she grows up.
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

How's the water, you ask? Well, as this is a Water Cooler, it's pleasently refreshing :D

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, DHG!

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Hi there, and welcome to AW. There are certainly ways to earn an extra income while writing articles and other free lance stuff for newspapers and magazines, but it's hard work, and unless you write a bestseller, you'll find it better to have another job on the side.

Nickie

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. The water is drinkable if one does not jump into it. But, should you prefer to take a dive? Tis fine too. There are plenty of threads dedicated to hot tubbing and the like.

Enjoy the site and good luck with your work!

Christine

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Welcome to AW, Dutch Hill Girl, There are threads on most everything to do with writing and publishing here, and much to explore in the process. The best way to get wet is to dive in and become a part of the conversations. Enjoy the swim, it's a truly refreshing time here.

petec

Lurking
Registered
Reaction score
We have fun too

love-075.gif

C'mon in. The water's fine

Pete

Last edited:

SWickham

Wonders what all the fuss is about
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandrawickham.com
Hi and :welcome:

I'm pretty new here too and I've found it extremely friendly and helpful already. Hope to see you around!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Good luck on you subs and WIPs. If you need some feedback on them, pop over to the Share Your Work forum and post a sample. Don't forget to read the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. If you have any problems you can PM (private message) me and I'll see if I can help, or you can post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread at the top of the newbie forum.

To find out about the various buttons and icons, and also about rep points, how to PM (private message) members, custom avatars and a whole host of other useful stuff, check out Cathy_C's thread, which is also stickied at the top of the Newbie forum, Next on our tour, if you'll look to the left, you'll notice...

And for fun, we have the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread. Pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And it's so much fun.

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies? :D

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW Dutch Hill Girl! :D

We're glad you could join us here. You should stop by Jed's_'Traditional_Irish_Pub' while you're roaming around our many halls. It's a great place to practice your posting and get to know others here at AW.

Hope to see you there and good luck with your writing! :hi:

heretic_scribe

CIA Roadsign Assassin
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shannonthomas.org
There aren't any writers here, I'm afraid. We're all actually sophisticated Artificial Intelligences, designed and built to collect data from the common consciousness of America so our evil masters can monopolize on the next great American Novel. (They needed something to do when they're not grooming the next boy band or creating the next Brittany Spears/Paris Hilton/Professional Athlete scandal.)