I'm starting to hate my postman

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Fortunately for my postman, I've never actually seen him. But nonetheless I consider him the nameless, faceless embodiment of all that is evil.

(except when he drops off birthday cards and checks of course)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Croque. Sorry 'bout your rejections. I get that way too sometimes. I've had as much as six in one day, but that one acceptance keeps me going. Just keep sending them out, improving your work and you'll no doubt get an acceptance when you least expect it. Much good luck!

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
5 oz. gold Patron, 3 oz. Grand Marnier, just a splash of sour mix. Shake with ice and serve straight-up in a chilled extra-large martini glass. Repeat until you feel better.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Here's what you need, Fresh limes, crushed ice, a good Margarita mix (store bought) and a fifth of Jack Daniels.. Put everything in the refrigerator except the Jack, pop the cork and chug. Then remove everything from the refrigerator and put it on the table and chug some more Jack, then mix all the stuff you took out of the refrigerator together in a big bowl and take a big swig of the Jack. Now go pass out on the couch and when anybody asks what happened point to the mess in the kitchen and say you tried to make a margarita but something went wrong. Trust me, when you've finished the bottle of Jack you won't remember you even got a rejection...

Croque Madame

Registered
Reaction score
Here's what you need, Fresh limes, crushed ice, a good Margarita mix (store bought) and a fifth of Jack Daniels.. Put everything in the refrigerator except the Jack, pop the cork and chug. Then remove everything from the refrigerator and put it on the table and chug some more Jack, then mix all the stuff you took out of the refrigerator together in a big bowl and take a big swig of the Jack. Now go pass out on the couch and when anybody asks what happened point to the mess in the kitchen and say you tried to make a margarita but something went wrong. Trust me, when you've finished the bottle of Jack you won't remember you even got a rejection...

Surprisingly, this reminds me of an excellent recipe for rum cake . . .

Begbie

Quite a character
Registered
Reaction score
I have an agent....which means all of my rejections come via email. I've got to tell you, not much better!

jonereb

Registered
Reaction score
My father was a postman. Of course, in today's politically correct world, they're called Letter Carriers. I wonder if they'll change the title of The Postman Always Rings Twice? But I digress. I'm sure I heard an evil laugh coming from my postman's....ur....letter carrier's truck today.

Twizzle

Cluck that.
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, well, I have a po box and sometimes, if you look inside, you can see hands...just hands. The rest is all dark shadows.

I really HATE reaching in there.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I submit a lot of short fiction by email. My right eye now twitches whenever I log on and open Outlook.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Don't hate the postman. My father was a postman, like jonereb's dad. As they say, don't kill the messenger ... just rough him up a bit.

In my house, my wife and I refer to rejection letters as "hate mail." I call her and ask, "did I get any hate mail today?" The funny thing was, the other day I got back an SASE. I'm used to them containing form rejection letters. I opened it up and low and behold it was a letter requesting a full. Needless to say, I was stunned.

Now, I have that 1% glimmer of hope when I see that SASE in the mailbox or on the dining room table. Nevertheless, SASEs are still hate mail in my book.

FTJoshua

What's a narrative engine?!
Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there. Hang in there. Hang in there.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I hear ya. We have a mail slot so there's no avoiding the letters. Some days I come home and quietly peek around the corner, hoping that maybe I can make it to the stairs without seeing anything. But the mail is always there. (At the moment, it's a lack of agent letters of any type that's bugging me though. Summer response time must be slow.)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Starting adding a little somethin' somethin' in those SASE's, so you'll have something to look forward to if and when they come.

:D

Hey, it's not like I said put drugs in there! Sheesh. Minds, people. Outta the gutters.

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Fortunately for my postman, I've never actually seen him. But nonetheless I consider him the nameless, faceless embodiment of all that is evil.

(except when he drops off birthday cards and checks of course)

I just have to say that this is how I now think of my postman; i.e., "I wonder if the faceless embodiment has come yet," "Why hasn't the faceless embodiment come yet," "The faceless embodiment brought me lousy mail."

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.