November 2013 Blog Chain

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Ordinarily this is where I would be telling julzperri that she has one day left. However, since our November blogger list is shrimpier than a crawdad cook-off, I will just post a reminder :)

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
It is with great sadness that I bump julzperri in favor of Sudo_One. A short month just got shorter...!

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. Our bumpee may now post, and there's room for a new entrant or seventeen as well.

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Poll: Continue the blog chain?

I'm sure everyone has noticed that the last few blog chains have been increasingly sparsely attended, especially compared to this time last year. That begs the question of whether, by doing it every month, we have over-saturated people and over-worked our bloggers.

So I put the question to you: should the blog chain continue, or should it go on hiatus?

If you think we should continue, show your support by naming or supporting a topic for December. If you think we should take a hiatus, how long should it be?

BBBurke

Along for the ride
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairbburke.com
So I put the question to you: should the blog chain continue, or should it go on hiatus?

If you think we should continue, show your support by naming or supporting a topic for December. If you think we should take a hiatus, how long should it be?

I'd like to see it continue every month, even if I can't always make it. I think anything less and it's going to be even harder to get people to do it since it won't be part of your regular pattern.

I just assumed there are ups and downs. I stepped away from my blog for most of a year but the blog chain has been a great way to get me back into it.

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
I'd like to see it continue every month, even if I can't always make it. I think anything less and it's going to be even harder to get people to do it since it won't be part of your regular pattern.

This. Once you break a habit, it's pretty hard to get started again. Like dieting.:D

julzperri

Caffeine & trying not to scream.
Registered
Reaction score
ARGH! I have got a bit distracted by Nano! I will have the post done today *hides behind a unicorn to avoid looks of scorn and disappointment*

skunkmelon

Randomly curious
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferponce.com
I think it should go on (as a certain songstress sang in Titanic) but then again, I'm a newbie. :D

Ideas for topics for December:

Winter/summer solstice.

Write a new holiday song

Pick an ancestor and write a day in their life.

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
I am completely new to this whole concept, but it sounds pretty simple:

I write a post on the prompt given (do I have to do it at a particular time, or any time during the month?), and I visit and comment on everybody else's post for the month.

If that's it, count me in! I'll get on the Unicorn droppings sometime this month.

My blog: http://thestoriesweare.blogspot.com/

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
It took me a bit, please add me to this month. I actually have it done.
http://jelyzabeth.wordpress.com/

I vote that we keep it going. I am one of those not consistent, but after being absent for a year and being able to come back and have the chain still here? That was a great thing to reconnect with.

I would suggest for next month maybe we start with a story line and the next person continues? Say limit each blogger to a maximum of 250 words? It could be fun. A quick blog-a-phone game. :)

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, it looks like most peeps are in favor of continuing in the face of dwindling participation. As such, I'll get a December thread going soon.
It took me a bit, please add me to this month. I actually have it done.
http://jelyzabeth.wordpress.com/
Woo! Added. Post link when ready.
I write a post on the prompt given (do I have to do it at a particular time, or any time during the month?), and I visit and comment on everybody else's post for the month.
Ordinarily you would have to do it at a particular time as announced in this thread. However, since the chain was a short one, you can do it any time you like this month.

MsLaylaCakes

Playing the waiting game
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taraquan.com
I vote that we keep it going. I am one of those not consistent, but after being absent for a year and being able to come back and have the chain still here? That was a great thing to reconnect with.

I would suggest for next month maybe we start with a story line and the next person continues? Say limit each blogger to a maximum of 250 words? It could be fun. A quick blog-a-phone game. :)

I love this idea. I decided to take a hiatus from all things writer-related this month (needed a brain-cation), but I'll definitely jump in next month. It'll be interesting to see what kind of story we come up with if we commit to continue from where the previous person left off (*evil cackle*). As far as blog chains go, we have a very diverse group of authors :)

Ralph Pines

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ralfast.wordpress.com
I missed this one, partly due to illness as well as other real life situations. I'll like to join the next one. I always like the holiday themed ones. :)

Okay, it looks like most peeps are in favor of continuing in the face of dwindling participation. As such, I'll get a December thread going soon.

Woo! Added. Post link when ready.

Ordinarily you would have to do it at a particular time as announced in this thread. However, since the chain was a short one, you can do it any time you like this month.