How'd You Find This Site?

HollyRutan

Werewolves Kick Butt
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

A long time friend of mine, Jess Haines, practically beat me with a stick when she found out I wasn't a member of Absolute Write. So, I've spent all morning reading through some very long (and very relevant) threads.

Looks like this will be a fantastic resource. I'm glad to meet you all.

Juganhuy

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from normal searches on google for different topics like publishing. Decided to joing after lurking for a month.

Jenbro

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't the slightest idea. :D

My first novel is coming out in November, and I was all over the 'net - and somehow, I wound up here. So glad I did.

ConnieJ

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all! I found the site by doing Google searches on various agents. Every time I searched AW was one of the top hits, discussing particular agents. :)

February

Registered
Reaction score
Google, where else :)

I was looking up using celebrity names in my books. I already edited out known lyrics but wanted to check up on celebrity name use.

retropaw

Registered
Reaction score
found it after typing "things to take up large chunks of time" into google ;)

chicgeek

Registered
Reaction score
So I stole this from my "Hi, I'm a Newb" thread, but it's too good not to share:

In the course of working on a particularly gruesome scene (wherein my protagonist is being tortured) I asked Google: If you took a knife to the stomach, how long would you live? The very first search result was a thread in one of your forums.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Huge thread. Glad it is still going seven years later!

I actually don't remember how I ended up here. I know I wasn't looking for a message board but somehow I came across this and liked it from the moment I looked at it. Over the last few months I had seen a few other writing message boards but nothing that seemed to have much action. I actually did register at one a while back and was banned after my first post. I was never given a reason for being banned, all I did was post my intro. *shurgs* This place looks great though! I am new, but I already have gotten good information off it.

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
Google first, but was put off by the banners on top of the page, so only bookmarked for later.
Then saw it mentioned on a couple of good blogs, so decided to check it out again. Still think the banners on top are a bit weird, but the rest is gooood!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Google first, but was put off by the banners on top of the page, so only bookmarked for later.
Then saw it mentioned on a couple of good blogs, so decided to check it out again. Still think the banners on top are a bit weird, but the rest is gooood!

Heh. I'm not in love with 'em either - but they very VERY much help us pay the bills for this place, and THAT lets us keep it free instead of having to put up a pay-wall.

Again, thanks so much, everyone, for taking the time to respond.

TrackRider

Registered
Reaction score
I just read the very first sentence of your blog, August -- a that's all I had to read to know we're on the same page.

davidh219

Walking Anachronism
Registered
Reaction score
I did a google search for "best writers forum" or something like that. The top result was a yahoo answers thing of someone asking that exact question. The top answer was someone highly recommending this site, and now here I am!

katci13

creative genie
Registered
Reaction score
Through a Google search. Came across one of the threads, wasn't looking for a writing forum at the time.

motilfan

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for information on a particular publishing house, and Google directed me here. It was so helpful that I came back the next time I was checking out another publishing house. Then I lurked for a while. Finally I found I had a question that I just had to post... so I registered at last. Glad I did! :D

Cockneyjay

Registered
Reaction score
I actually found it on google. I think I typed in something like "authors forum" and up it came. I'm really glad I found it though because I've only been on it for a short while and the advice I've received has been completely invaluable.

Deepthought

Think hard, often
Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I'm not even a much writer, really. I was just searching 'do boxers like to get punched' or something like that in google because I'm a boxer. And this came up. I registered yesterday.

Sunwords

Registered
Reaction score
Someone posted the link in my german writer's forum and I am glad she did.