Yay finished a first draft of my novel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
Cheese and crackers, I did it! It took two years of learning to write but I did it. Finished my High Fantasy at 110k words, perfect amount. And it only got faster and faster at the end.

Now all I have to do is fix the chapters that need re-writing. Especially my mushy, mushy middle. But I think once you can see your story as a whole, it gets easier figuring out what to cut and what to add. My writing is getting better and better, can't wait until I can start sending this to betas so they can rip into it and help me fix my inconstancies and odd world building.

So yay for now!

alldis

Temet Nosce
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!
We're both in the same boat so best of luck during revisions. :)

A.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
Cheese and crackers, I did it! It took two years of learning to write but I did it. Finished my High Fantasy at 110k words, perfect amount. And it only got faster and faster at the end.

Now all I have to do is fix the chapters that need re-writing. Especially my mushy, mushy middle. But I think once you can see your story as a whole, it gets easier figuring out what to cut and what to add. My writing is getting better and better, can't wait until I can start sending this to betas so they can rip into it and help me fix my inconstancies and odd world building.

So yay for now!

Awesome - way to go, Phantasy! You have accomplished a rare feat - be proud!

Moriar

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, congratulations! And yay for High Fantasy! Good luck with revisions :)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on the big step up the ladder!

While you're letting the book cool off, you might like to read a couple books on revision and structure. My favorites are:

Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, an AW favorite, by Browne and King.

The Fiction Editor, the Novel and the Novelist, my constant go-to, by Thomas McCormack.

Status
Not open for further replies.