Just finished the first draft...yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

byron100

Registered
Reaction score
98,600 words, 33 chapters, whew!

But I've got it done, baby. :D This is my second complete draft, my first WIP is in late-stage ediiting, hoping to find an agent or publisher for that one. This WIP I plan to self-publish as an e-book sometime this summer.

Still have to revise and edit and/or rewrite, but I've got the framework done at least. :)

Think I'll have me a glass of wine. It's been a long haul. :p

BMajor

Probably judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! : ))))

You've already accomplished more than a lot of folks. Keep truckin!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs, and good luck with both books!

Jim Riley

Louisiana: Sportsman's Paradise
Registered
Reaction score
Good job and good luck
Jim

byron100

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the above :)

I've started the long process of editing and revision, but so far I'm happy with the way I've written it. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid having to rewrite large chunks of the ms. :) I just hope it's a story that people will enjoy reading, lol.

byron100

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'll feel better once I get this thing edited - the actual writing is more fun than doing line-by-line, lol. Hopefully I'll be able to hand it over to my primary beta reader next week and he can have fun marking it up...lol.

I'm excited though, it's going to be a fun, exciting story I hope many people will enjoy reading. :)

winstonlim

Just an old beach bum.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. Editing isn't as much fun but you've got to be objectively ruthless when you're editing. Sometimes I just want to cry when I'm slashing things down...

byron100

Registered
Reaction score
My debut novel to be released on KDP - Winter Fall

Update - The first round of editing is now complete, as well as getting my ms past my main critter and initial beta reader with no major difficulties. :D It looks like the final word count will be a hair over 100k words, which is a pretty good length, imo. :)

I just have to find a few additional beta readers and do some more self-editing, however, I'm confident enough to set a release date of July 1 on KDP, with other platforms to follow a few months later. And yes, I'm very excited. :D

I'm working on my cover now - can anyone tell me if there's a proper forum to show possible covers for my novel to see what people think?

Status
Not open for further replies.