• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta for YA fantasy romance suspense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cece N

Half-way there, but need more time.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, My name's Cece and looking for Beta readers for my YA manuscript. I have about two chapters to go before its finished. It has soul-bonding attraction, romance. Here's a description to let anyone interested know something about the story. The story is based in Vienna, with some short scenes set in Sudan and Kenya.

[FONT=&quot]Until one month ago, seventeen year old Jasmaen has been living a coming-of-age teenage dream life in the beautiful and enchanting city of Vienna; singing in her band, attending the Vienna yearly balls, accepted to begin medical school in the beginning of the new semester, and finally on the way to fulfil something she had always wanted but was too scared to do; to get a tattoo on her upcoming eighteenth birthday. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now life has taken a different turn, the threads of her teenage dream life are unravelling at the edges. Jasmaen is confronted with a question she had never had reason to ask herself. Who am I? With her adopted mother in a coma for the last ten years, it leaves her father to answer the question and he is hardly ever at home. Survival takes priority. If she’s not trying to dodge a man stalking her who no matter how hard she tries hiding, he somehow manages to find her his weapon being inducing desire on his prey, she’s busy keeping an eye on doorways at things intent on snatching her, fighting shape-shifting shades and fighting off a Djinn prince intent of having her as his muse. By stroke of luck, or destiny or The Fates, she meets Trackers working for a secret international organisation, The Consilium, its members consisting of a collective of races from Draangels and Draumans clans, shapeshifters, vampires, vilas. They begin a journey of finding out who she is, and why the man stalking her – who is known as the Ancient Tracker. As attraction between Jasmaen and Kian one of the Trackers grows, she learns more than she had bargained for, more than she ever wanted to know…[/FONT] realising she and Kian are souls meant to be, and she will do anything to keep him alive and hers.

Anyone interested? I wish to know the flow of the story, clarity and consistency, plot holes, characters behaving as they shouldn't. It's my first work of fiction, so please feel any kind of critic is welcome. The truth always hurts. Might sting a little, but that's what makes a good story worth reading. At least that's what I think.

I'm also in the process of writing a steampunkish paranormal with a high degree of romance alternative Vienna and alternate Africa, to submit for an upcoming contest. I've written two chapters of this one so far. If anyone is interested in this one, please let me know too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.